quick question

myidisbb

i got sp2 install, adware scan with watch. i check my email with outlook express, so the msn icon on the bottom. microsoft anti spware was still on. i click to your home page and bang coolwebsearch warning pop up. i dont know if its anything. it wasnt on my system before. anyway, going to reboot and see if its actually gone.

• Replies 5
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gir489
i got sp2 install, adware scan with watch.  i check my email with outlook express, so the msn icon on the bottom.  microsoft anti spware was still on.  i click to your home page and bang coolwebsearch warning pop up.  i dont know if its anything.  it wasnt on my system before.  anyway, going to reboot and see if its actually gone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I run SpyBot S&D, and I never get that. ;)

Maybe you need to update, or something? :unsure:

I run SpyBot S&D, and I never get that. ;)

Maybe you need to update, or something? :unsure:

im totally updated. i had the windows messenger icon on the bottom but not sign in. i usually delete it after checking email.

im guessing it was a fake micro anti spyware alert then. it involved systems32\shdocvm.dll file. i check google and they said that file is one of the defected programs that can allow crap. nothing was allow to be install (first time ms anti spyware actually stop something when you click no) oh well. i cant find any problems. im a router firewall and all the other crap you need in todays world. i guess it was a random thing or a fake one.

yeah, that's weird. but, i can assure you there is no, and never will be, any spyware or pop-ups/unders on my site. just the google ads :towel:

yeah, that's weird. but, i can assure you there is no, and never will be, any spyware or pop-ups/unders on my site. just the google ads :clap:

im coughing it up to a false one from microsoft anti spyware. from what i have seen, it detects and even when you click no to block and dney the crap it still gets install. i didnt see anything afterwards. it was just kind of funny as soon as i went to yours and i was thinking maybe the one person from a few weeks ago was doing something again :towel:. (1st thing that pop up in my mind anyway)

1st day and sp2 doing okay i guess. seems more stable. cant use pg2 right now, they fuk the p2p and gov lists. i switch those 2 to the older list i had as backup. missing 70 million numbers though. i think that was done on propose by someone b/c star wars coming out.

is there anything i actually need after installing sp2 besides the tcp file fix?

i haven't done anything exept the tcp fix :towel:

btw, i'd recomend NOT using protowall & pg2 for blocking anything other that antip2p IPs. they seem to block alot more good than they do bad with those lists :clap:

Archived