Kaspersky Laboratory confirmed the leak source

boulawan

Kaspersky Laboratory confirmed the leak source

https://www.anti-malware.ru/files/styles/imagesize400w/public/images/source/news5_45.jpg?itok=9bq06OLK

The media information appeared recently that a certain employee of "Kaspersky Lab" to download the source code of the antivirus company's product, then put it in the Network. Now, however, she " Kaspersky Lab " has published an official statement regarding the incident. It has been reported that the leak took place at the end of October last year, but the company's management became aware of it only in January this year. In its official statement concerning the incident, "Kaspersky Lab" writes: "Indeed, the former employee of" Kaspersky Lab "laid out in the public access part of the code, which had legitimate access through their work. This code is not part of the anti-virus. In "Kaspersky Lab" is very closely related to such cases, and the company constantly monitors the network for the sample code. " Also, representatives of the company noted that the leaked data was found the next day, and then removed from public access as soon as possible. As a result of an internal investigation has established the identity of an employee committed a cybercrime. The company appealed to the law enforcement authorities initiated a criminal case on grounds of crime under Article 183 of the Criminal Code. "This case does not threaten the safety of customers," Kaspersky Lab "," - says the company.

https://www.anti-malware.ru/news/2018-02-28-1447/25618

• Replies 3
  • Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

soon source code  will be open for all to see maybe  as usa said it spy i bet Kaspersky Lab  is trying to make the code open but safe  is hard one

Whoopenstein
23 hours ago, knowledge said:

soon source code  will be open for all to see maybe  as usa said it spy i bet Kaspersky Lab  is trying to make the code open but safe  is hard one

Too easy for hackers to exploit if they have the source code. I hope that ex-employee idiot/saboteur at Kaspersky gets jail time.

Can't we write code that isn't hackable? I mean without complex security measures. I remember the days when user input was checked and validated in terms of format before being passed to the program, code handled overflows and dividing by zero etc.. Access was monitored and also validated in code. Can't we go back to coding like that? Writing idiot proof code... 

Archived