LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo has been officially announced

ARMOUR

LineageOS-15.1-1-810x298_c.png

Following the demise of CyanogenMod at the end of 2016, its successor, LineageOS, has seen a meteoric rise in popularity. The project grew to support over 180 devices reaching over 1.8 million users thanks to the help of 700+ contributors. Now, the team is ready to move on to its next big milestone: re-basing on Android 8.1 Oreo. After teasing us back in December, the team has today announced that LineageOS 15.1 is ready.

The most widely-installed Android custom ROM now offers all of the features that Android 8.0 and Android 8.1 Oreo bring to the table. That means notification channels and snoozing, picture-in-picture mode, support for the Autofill Framework, better background app and service limitations for improved memory performance/battery, smart text selection, and much, much more. Not to mention, there are also all of the features that LineageOS offers on top such as Privacy Guard, Live Display, and more which you can read about in our accompanying article.

Here is the first batch of 15.1 devices:

LineageOS-15.1 Changelog

Interested in checking out what LineageOS 15.1 has to offer before installation? Check out Miles’ hands-on video over on our YouTube channel! Also be sure to check out our accompanying article which goes over nearly all of the features that LOS 15.1 has to offer! It even has screenshots for everything and a video to walk you through it!

LineageOS 15.1 Hands-on: Android 8.1 Oreo with some Awesome Feature Additions:

Read More @

• Replies 1
  • Views 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Wonder if down the line my OnePlus One will be supported. And I can't just install this via the same method I do for the Weekly Builds huh? Like i actually have to wipe/"format" my phone?

Archived