Acronis True Image Home Problem

DJPrice

I was using the 2009 version of ATIH & everything worked fine, up until when I updated it a few months back & the installer wouldn't run properly. I kept getting the message shown in the screenshot. I proceeded to uninstall the version I had on my computer that was ok, ran various reg cleaners & then ran the lastet version again, but same problem. So I left it & ditched ATIH & chose to give NovaBackup a try, it works ok, but I still prefer acronis. So now the new 2010 version is out, I thought I may finally be able to install it without receiving the install error message, but low & behold, it still shows up! I would like to start using acronis again, but at the moment the only way I can see that it would work is for me to format my pc & start all over again, but I don't fancy doing that, as it takes ages installing all the drivers & software that I currently have on here & also setting up the computer how I like it to be. It would be good if someone was able to help me with this damn installer problem. I'm greatful for any help that I get :rolleyes:

post-7048-125333687186_thumb.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried downloading and running Windows Install Cleanup? You may download it at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down to the link, download, install and after you the program you will need to look for ANYTHING related to Acronis.. all the way down.. It won't just jump out at you...in most cases.. very simple program..

This can sometimes happen if you unload the contents of a disk image onto a drive and run the installers, if you try to update it or do anything after that point for some reason it throws the error..

I actually did quite a bit of cleaning with this when I first used it..

I was using the 2009 version of ATIH & everything worked fine, up until when I updated it a few months back & the installer wouldn't run properly. I kept getting the message shown in the screenshot. I proceeded to uninstall the version I had on my computer that was ok, ran various reg cleaners & then ran the lastet version again, but same problem. So I left it & ditched ATIH & chose to give NovaBackup a try, it works ok, but I still prefer acronis. So now the new 2010 version is out, I thought I may finally be able to install it without receiving the install error message, but low & behold, it still shows up! I would like to start using acronis again, but at the moment the only way I can see that it would work is for me to format my pc & start all over again, but I don't fancy doing that, as it takes ages installing all the drivers & software that I currently have on here & also setting up the computer how I like it to be. It would be good if someone was able to help me with this damn installer problem. I'm greatful for any help that I get :rolleyes:

I have run into this problem before also. Parts of the Program are being left behind. Look for REVO Uninstaller (It's Free) & use it to uninstall Acronis Use advanced cleaning method & don't Re-Boot until Revo gets completely done.

Then Reboot & you should be fine. :rolleyes: :fear: :o

Have you tried downloading and running Windows Install Cleanup? You may download it at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 scroll down to the link, download, install and after you the program you will need to look for ANYTHING related to Acronis.. all the way down.. It won't just jump out at you...in most cases.. very simple program..

This can sometimes happen if you unload the contents of a disk image onto a drive and run the installers, if you try to update it or do anything after that point for some reason it throws the error..

I actually did quite a bit of cleaning with this when I first used it..

I downloaded the windows install cleanup & ran it & didn't find any acronis things left over, but there was something in the list that was blank, so i removed that. Then ran my reg cleanup programs & tried to run the installer again, but yet it still fails :frusty:

I have run into this problem before also. Parts of the Program are being left behind. Look for REVO Uninstaller (It's Free) & use it to uninstall Acronis Use advanced cleaning method & don't Re-Boot until Revo gets completely done.

Then Reboot & you should be fine. :rolleyes: :fear: :o

I tried Revo, but there wasn't an advanced cleaning method (not that I could see anyway) & nothing was listed from acronis.

I tried Revo, but there wasn't an advanced cleaning method (not that I could see anyway) & nothing was listed from acronis.

There is an Advanced uninstall in Revo.

When you click Uninstall...It will ask you for an Uninstall mode.

You can choose Built-in, Safe, Moderate and Advanced.

I had this exact problem whilst installing Acronis True Image 2010 Build 5055 over Acronis True Image Home 2009 12 Build 9796. Was able to carry out this installation successfully only after I uninstalled the previous version using Total Uninstall Professional Edition (last fixed version 5.2.0.148)

edit:-

This is not meant to spark off a debate about Total Uninstall V/s Revo. Either of them should be more than sufficient.

Still nothing, so I've bought a new 500GB HD to install windows on, so will start-a-fresh! Thanks for the info though :)

Archived