Skype 8.16.0.4

anuraag

Skype is a little piece of software that lets you make free calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world. And even though the calls are free, they are really excellent quality. If you and your friends, family or business contacts are using webcams, you can also make free video calls. You can even call landlines and mobile phones at really cheap per minute rates (and there's no setup or subscription fee).

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 16
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Skype Desktop application (the 8.X version) is not designed to run on Windows 10 systems with Anniversary or newer updates installed.

This Skype application is only intended to be used on Windows 7/8.1 computers or Windows 10 computers without Anniversary update.

1 hour ago, idear said:

The new Skype Desktop application (the 8.X version) is not designed to run on Windows 10 systems with Anniversary or newer updates installed.

This Skype application is only intended to be used on Windows 7/8.1 computers or Windows 10 computers without Anniversary update.

Just change program compatible

Skype-8.16.0.4 > Properties > Compatibility > Tick compatibility mode run on Win 7 or 8. And try run installer again

It should work

21 minutes ago, HackerX said:
  • It will not work on Windows 10. it's not a native app if we need to run in compatibility mode.:P
Spoiler

skype.PNG

You see that it works and there are no problems, why this comment again is needed?
In addition, when the previous version appeared, there was already a lengthy controversy on this topic, why re-start it again and again? Open it and read what is what and how to do.
What it means "Not native app..."? It is portable app and works as any other portable app.

1 minute ago, Kalju said:

You see that it works and there are no problems, why this comment again is needed?
In addition, when the previous version appeared, there was already a lengthy controversy on this topic, why re-start it again and again? Open it and read what is what and how to do.
What it means "Not native app..."? It is portable app and works as any other portable app.

Apologies, I did not meant to argue.. I was just sharing my thoughts about installer. I will stop now. -_-

NSANE is a wonderful community and I assure to be a part of it.

.zip package, if needed.

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/8072338/Skype_for_Desktop.zip.html
 //www.upload.ee/files/8072338/Skype_for_Desktop.zip.html 

Default location, if You have 64-bit Windows
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop"
or if You have 32-bit Windows
"%Program Files%\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop"
But this place is not mandatory, put or store it where You want and use.

If You have any of previous versions (ie Skype 7.40.151) installed, it is not needed to uninstall or remove. Even they can be used simultaneously if really needed.

3 hours ago, HackerX said:

Apologies, I did not meant to argue.. I was just sharing my thoughts about installer. I will stop now. -_-

NSANE is a wonderful community and I assure to be a part of it.

Forgive him bro :)

You're new here and I understand you... new members always make mistakes :)

He is probably having menstruation or something, don't worry. Maybe he's having a bad day

Enjoy NSANE Forum :) And please, STAY AWAY from Psycopath users like: securitycollector & semenionut

7 hours ago, Kalju said:

Why not? Runs absolutely correctly and without any problems.

skype_8.16.0.4.jpg

Did you know your Windows 10 is not up to date? The latest build is 248. 

24 minutes ago, uffbros said:

Did you know your Windows 10 is not up to date? The latest build is 248. 

Thank You for giving the information, in the other computer is 248, for some reasons in current computer not yet.

11 hours ago, idear said:

Lots of sentences can begin that way. Here's mine:

"The new Skype Desktop application (the 8.X version) is not designed to be run by anyone who has ever used Skype v7 or lower. Doing so may result in an allergic reaction ranging from itching and rash all the way up to a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction."

Portable Skype 8.16.0.4  Multilingual Online

By PortableAppZ

Download Portable Skype latest Online (0.3 MB)

Site; https://www.upload.ee

Sharecode: /files/8082965/Skype_Portable_latest_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Extract and run SkypePortable.
Multi-Users: Edit SkypePortable.ini with User=NameOfNewUser (Default is Skype)
Settings of installed Skype should be preserved.

Microsoft has posted a short survey asking for input on whether you want compact mode/split window view brought to the new version. There's also an opportunity for you to list all the other things you think should be brought over, too.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR939MMYyST9NqsYJSBhpV-tUOFU2RkhYVUYzUUlQSFZXRkgxOFUxUThXWi4u

• 2 weeks later...

5a9a54f5ce298.pngIf anyone is interested in it, here's the latest Skype 8.17.76.3 Preview (Beta)
(Default installation directory 
if have x86 %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop
if have x64 %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft\Skype fo Desktop
Data directory %AppData%\Roaming\Skype\SkypeRT 

Installer (if Win8 or higher run in compadibility mode)

https://endpoint920510.azureedge.net/s4l/s4l/download/win/Skype-8.17.76.3.exe

zip packgage 

Site: https://www.upload.ee
ShareCode: /files/8136740/Skype_for_Desktop.zip.html 

//www.upload.ee/files/8136740/Skype_for_Desktop.zip.html

More info:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/skype-preview/skype-preview-8-17-76-3-release/

Archived