Firefox 58.0.2 Shows Unable to connect

Karamjit

Hi respected members.....i run Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. and i use Firefox 58.0.2

recently i came to know that Firefox doesn't open even some  legit sites like Softpedia.com, codecguide.com and some other file sharing site.

it shows "Your connection is not secure"

i kindly request the members to make me get rid of this...

Thanks in advance..

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firefox Users, who do not wish to see that warning can disable it in their about:config by switching the following entry from True to False:—

("security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled", False);

I had the same experiences, in my case it's Bitdefender triggering the SSL_ERROR code, but the company had updated its AV and things back to normal again. However, some VPN may also trigger the same error.

This problem must be linked to your computer or the Internet connection because softexa.com uses the fully legitimate and valid COMODO CA Limited license valid until December 28, 2018 (SSL Client Certificate & SSL Server Certificate). It is absolutely perfect, what can at all be. Sometimes, if is used for example Let's Encrypt or something similar, may be that You may get noticed, that the content is not encrypted, encrypted is only the connection, but this is still allowed and many sites useses this, mostly because this is free for everyone.

For example one my own testing site here,  where I use Let's Encrypt license.

Either your Antivirus has raped your root certificates or the date/time on your computer is incorrect.

You may want to disable SSL/TLS scanning feature if it's enabled although you mentioned that you use Ubuntu so most likely you don't have an Antivirus installed.

Check that the date, timezone, and time are all correct, you may want to sync with an NTP server. SSL uses time based validity so incorrect system time may render it invalid and thus cause the insecure error.

knowledge-Spammer

I have seen this befor can be adguard or kis or both but this was on windows  or time and date

1 av

2 date or time

3 adblockers

Is it just firefox u have this problems  with

LeetPirate  i like

"Give me back my pen."

Archived