Windows7 nag screen for usb stick drives

Sonar

ive just put win7 onto a laptop to try, seems fine and speedy... but i have problem how do i remove the nag screen that pops up when i insert my usb stick....

i get a nag screen saying my usb stick is faulty or wat ever - do i want to carry on or fix the problem...

i can use my usb stick but within about 30 seconds it closes the window and pops up th enag screen again... annoying!!!!

• Replies 10
  • Views 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive just put win7 onto a laptop to try, seems fine and speedy... but i have problem how do i remove the nag screen that pops up when i insert my usb stick....

i get a nag screen saying my usb stick is faulty or wat ever - do i want to carry on or fix the problem...

i can use my usb stick but within about 30 seconds it closes the window and pops up th enag screen again... annoying!!!!

Copy all the data from it to a folder on your PC, then format the usb stick drive using Win7. It will not nag you again. Full format, not quick format.

heres a screenshot of the nag screen / never had this on xp and never tried anything but xp.

im ok to click fix? its gonna wipe all my stick? lol

12345jz.th.png

ok i clciked fix, it did a scan for erorros and found nothing - it seems the screen is gone .... wierd

• Administrator

The files on the USB stick may have gotten corrupted. Did you tried scanin and fixin it?

The files on the USB stick may have gotten corrupted. Did you tried scanin and fixin it?

yeah it did like a "scan disc" little pop up

try to fix errors blah blah

fix volume blah blah

it ran the scan took like 5 seconds and said nothing wrong with it, i unplugged the usb stick and plugged it back it in now its working normal again...

but i had that nag screen on the first time of using the drive so i dunno wot it was - i didnt move no files or remove to early.

This will sometimes happen IF you do not eject the USB drive and just pull it out.. When Vista was first released it also had an issue with its drivers which cause a redundant error in the log.. The only way to kill the error being written every 8 seconds.. was to re-insert the drive.. and eject it.. The Vista Ultimate system I have does the same thing..and some times its just random.. If for instance you have used any files on the drive.. it is like its connected to the cache for some reason, and you delete the file(s).. it seems to trigger this little screen.. Its usually safe to just skip it.. but its not a bad idea especially with heavily used USB Drives..

The other thing is that when every file is accessed on any drive there is a read and a write function, which I think for some reason can be an effect of a delayed write.. to the Drive..Like when AV is still picking through the drive.. and you remove it..You'll notice this probably the more you use it as just an effect of not changing your habits when using the new OSes..

EDIT: this can happen if any read is interrupted.. as well like when you plug-in and for a split second it is disconnected then when its all the way in.. You get the popup..

If you did not remove the USB properly the first time, this screen will appear subsequently. No harm done, just click OK and let it scan. It will not reappear again. Until you did not remove it properly again.LOL Encounter this before, not a problem.

If you did not remove the USB properly the first time, this screen will appear subsequently. No harm done, just click OK and let it scan. It will not reappear again. Until you did not remove it properly again.LOL Encounter this before, not a problem.

yep the nag screen disapeerd after scan - never seen or heard the error on xp :P

Archived