fitPC2

HX1

fitPC2

CompuLab introduces fit-PC2 – the smallest, most power-efficient Intel Atom PC to date. fit-PC2 architecture is what sets it apart from other nettop PCs - fit-PC2 is designed around the Intel Atom Z530 1.6GHz and the ultra low power Intel US15W system controller hub, rather than the Atom N270 and 945G used in other nettop-PCs, thereby reducing power consumption by more than two thirds.

US15W incorporates hardware video acceleration. This allows fit-PC2 to run Windows XP or Ubuntu Linux at just 6W and to play full HD 1080p H.264 video using less than 7W.

Homepage:
http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I found this at the Codec Guide site today when looking at the KLite Upgrade, seems they have been selected to be used on this little PC..Anyone ever seen one of these.. To me it would seem a great alternative to a Media Center..

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well it looks more like a router to me. :P

ANW looks great. Wanna buy it?

From about $245 to $399. :fear:

• Administrator

I don't think that it has a screen. Plus it's lead time is about max 5 weeks or somethin. Now what does that mean.

I beg you pardon but it's $399 without shippin. With shippin it's about $450.:fear:

Oh I see.. still though if I had the money and was looking for a real space saver.. or something convenient .. I would consider it.. I mean the last Laptop that I configured with what I wanted.. ( which is no long available at Dell.. :mad: ) was going to run me about $10,000.00.. $450 is actually kind of cheap if you think about what you get and the video output.. I mean to buy one now and upgrade it to that point would be more expensive, unless you were buying a worn out second-hand one..

Archived