Hitman Pro question????

Holmes

I have a question about hitman pro I just ran it on friday and on saturday and was experiencing high cpu usage.  Does anybody else experience this when running it?  The high cpu causes it to take forever to scan to.  Im currently trying to find out why this is if anyone has any information let me know.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What else do you have running on your computer?  If you have an antivirus program installed you should shut it down.  I exit all running programs before running it.  I have not seen high cpu usage and other than the posts here I have seen nothing concerning high cpu usage on other sites.  

Me neither, but it's actually a long time since I haven't used it. So I should double check about recent versions upgrades that may have slowed it down.

Anyway, stracat19 advice can be of some help :) Shut everything down before running it, event your antivirus software, and see whether the problem is still there or not.

I did shut everything down and not only the tsr's (terminate but stay resident programs)  also there services to.  It was still happening.  Well I I decided to restart my computer and when I did the high cpu usage stopped Im not sure what was causing it.  I see I wasnt the only one having the problem.  Well I just restarted my computer and that fixed it for me lets hope it doesnt come back.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody have direct download links for the portable Hitman Pro?

The download page now requires you to fill in your details before you can download.  It also looks as though Sophos now owns Hitman Pro.

13 minutes ago, ajdibi said:

Does anybody have direct download links for the portable Hitman Pro?

The download page now requires you to fill in your details before you can download.  It also looks as though Sophos now owns Hitman Pro.

http://files.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

regards

On 3/2/2019 at 8:24 AM, ajdibi said:

The download page now requires you to fill in your details before you can download.  It also looks as though Sophos now owns Hitman Pro.

You don't have to give them your REAL details, just make up something.  Geesh!

You deduced that because it says 

HITMAN PRO

A SOPHOS PRODUCT

Which means the product will go to crap shortly.  Always happens when one is bought out and the buyer expects to make a windfall from it.  When they don't they quit investing time in the product and it becomes pure crap.

20 hours ago, straycat19 said:

You don't have to give them your REAL details, just make up something.  Geesh!

You deduced that because it says 

HITMAN PRO

A SOPHOS PRODUCT

Which means the product will go to crap shortly.  Always happens when one is bought out and the buyer expects to make a windfall from it.  When they don't they quit investing time in the product and it becomes pure crap.

It would quickly become a chore to do each time an update is released.  Luckily I don't use Hitman Pro that often.

Thank you.

Archived