Where Can I Download Windows 7 Pro RTM?

Sub0Freeze

Hey, I actually have a legit serial code for Windows 7 Pro RTM for x86, but cannot seem to figure out where I can download the file (probably in ISO format) from. Any help? Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If you have a serial code, you should be able to download it directly from Microsoft via your Technet/ MSDN/ the like subscription.

bearoninternet

If you have a serial code, you should be able to download it directly from Microsoft via your Technet/ MSDN/ the like subscription.

Somehow i get this funny feeling he didnt find (cough) his legit serial code for Windows 7 Pro via his Technet subscription. ;)

Sub0Freeze perhaps you could contact microsoft i am pretty sure they can point you in the right direction. :wub:

Hey, I actually have a legit serial code for Windows 7 Pro RTM for x86, but cannot seem to figure out where I can download the file (probably in ISO format) from. Any help? Thanks.

Just use the normal Ultimate RTM disc ISO. There is no need to download a separate version, the Ultimate Disc has ALL versions inside. Trust me if you download a separate version of Win7 you will only be wasting your time, there is nothing different other than the ei.cfg file. What you have to do is one of two things. Either you edit the ei.cfg file on the ISO thereby telling the installer that the version is Pro instead of Ultimate OR

you delete the ei.cfg file and during installation the setup will ask you which version of Win7 you want to install. Just select Pro from the list.

Forgot to mention, the easier way is to just delete the ei.cfg file using UltraISO, so you won't destroy the bootability of the disc. Save the modified ISO then burn as usual. You will then have a "master" Win7 disc that you could install any version of Win7 from.

MSDNAA, but I can't download from my subscription for some reason (the download never fully completes - I'm not the only person with this probably, apparently)

• Administrator

If you cannot download it, contact your MSDNAA Administrator at your institution and they will be able to sort out the issue.

Archived