How to find out who is using my HotSpot?

Fame

If  I turn on my smartphone HotSpot, how can I find out if someone else is using my data or trying to crack my password?

Also how can I find out what site surfed or softwares was downloaded using my wifi/HotSpot?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see the correct word ''crack'' used mazel tov.

Make sure your password is hard to ''crack'' and not something silly like a post/zip code or a cartoon character or your date of birth.

If the site has a very strong password then no need to worry.

I had a neighbour once just to change this slightly that did not use a password for their WiFi.

So my daughter piggy backed off it and 24/7/365 for around three years till their I.S.P. changed she downloaded a lot of art stuff,  softwares for art and browsed and browsed and browsed the net.

I am sure if you browse www.majorgeeks.com  their is hot spot protection software and I am sure it may answer your question.

Cracking Hotspot is not so difficult nowadays

GlassWire to detect evil twin Attack

SoftPerfect Network Scan to scan devices connected to your network

Note: This software is not the perfect solution 

Visible your wifi in modem configuration....only you can use wifi

5 hours ago, Fame said:

If  I turn on my smartphone HotSpot, how can I find out if someone else is using my data or trying to crack my password?

Also how can I find out what site surfed or softwares was downloaded using my wifi/HotSpot?

which phone you are using now days for this hotspot ?

Every phone has client list under the hotspot settings , mac and ip some time device internal name too.

4 hours ago, PriSim said:

which phone you are using now days for this hotspot ?

Every phone has client list under the hotspot settings , mac and ip some time device internal name too.

Thanks, I got it too but didn't know.

7 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

So my daughter piggy backed off it and 24/7/365 for around three years till their I.S.P. changed she downloaded a lot of art stuff,  softwares for art and browsed and browsed and browsed the net.

You, Sir, are a dismal example of bad parenting! The right thing to do would have been to inform your neighbor of the situation. But you felt it was more important to teach your offspring to take wrongful advantage of said situation. You would have gotten into a furor knowing you were on the receiving end of that abuse! Kudos to you!

40 minutes ago, lurch234 said:

You, Sir, are a dismal example of bad parenting! The right thing to do would have been to inform your neighbor of the situation. But you felt it was more important to teach your offspring to take wrongful advantage of said situation. You would have gotten into a furor knowing you were on the receiving end of that abuse! Kudos to you!

Why are you such a melt,  my daughter is an adult and was an adult at the time,  she graduates from University this year.

How would I know which neighbour it was I live in a cul-de-sac surrounded by one hundred (100) houses.

The idiot neighbour should password protect their WiFi connection,  I could be a paedophile or a criminal and used their i.p. address for criminal activity.

They would get the blame.

• 5 months later...

This is interesting , open your router page , then go to wireless and then click station information. Check mac addresses , if you saw unknown Mac address

it means someone else is using your internet.

You can also use WhoIsOnMyWiFi app if it's an android smarthphone. Been using the windows app and android app, so far it's good.

Archived