Hacker Hijacks CoinHive's DNS to Mine Cryptocurrency Using Thousands of Websites

hacker7

Source

• Replies 12
  • Views 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder  how  all these  people who said  this was better  than  ads fell   now?   Within a little over a month  the sites dns was took  over by hackers  not  much difference  than getting hijacked via a infected ad .Lol  all these idiots who were willing  to turn there PCs into botnets too download warez  who had been blocking ads for years all the sudden got a heart and started approving of monetizing  for profit .  It's the early 2000s  all over again  when people use to install spyware  programs  to download warez . Wait  that's windows  and half  it's  programs now days . :lol: I blocked this crap since day one in uMatrix   :tease:

9 hours ago, steven36 said:

I wonder  how  all these  people who said  this was better  than  ads fell   now?    :tease:

I bit they ether got hacked or feel stupid as Hell now:tooth:

I blocked this crap since day one in uMatrix  

Same here :yes: I rather have the shiity  ads then this .

3 minutes ago, knowledge said:

i said about   addon days ago to someone for if u use adguard best use   aswell

Cant you just ad  NoCoin too you're  adblocker list  instead installing  another addon?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list/master/nocoin.txt

I know  ublock origin have there own list to block this called resource abuse filters ...

It's true ! adding Nocoin To the adblocker list instead will also Minimize the ram usage on  pc:yes:

knowledge-Spammer
27 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Cant you just ad  NoCoin too you're  adblocker list  instead installing  another addon?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hoshsadiq/adblock-nocoin-list/master/nocoin.txt

I know  ublock origin have there own list to block this called resource abuse filters ...

both work  i say addon as its easyer for people  who not have much info on pcs

but both will do the same thing

• Administrator

I never agreed with this idea of using people's computer resources to pay for the server costs.

I'm even more concerned about opening effected sites on mobile, as some of the sites I have used I have a suspicion of them making a use of it.

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I never agreed with this idea of using people's computer resources to pay for the server costs.

I'm even more concerned about opening effected sites on mobile, as some of the sites I have used I have a suspicion of them making a use of it.

I think when it comes to Android it's a bit different!

Because as long as one unknown sources off and maybe a good anti malware it's enough.

If i remember correct the pirate bay were one of most famous torrent side who started using this method i while ago!

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

I think when it comes to Android it's a bit different!

Because as long as one unknown sources off and maybe a good anti malware it's enough.

If i remember correct the pirate bay were one of most famous torrent side who started using this method i while ago!

It's quite possible to run this script in an Android browser, using up it's battery and other resources. Not anything to do with the installation of apps I think.

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

It's quite possible to run this script in an Android browser, using up it's battery and other resources. Not anything to do with the installation of apps I think.

Yes of cores you are right.

Silly me!:sneaky:

Btw

i was referring to adware and bad adds in latest comment.

This script is also effecting android browsers as you described above!

A friend recently have made a anti script for this and working great, now almost all popular adblockers including adgaurd , orginblock

can detect the script but still is a risky thing!

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

Yes of cores you are right.

Silly me!:sneaky:

Btw

i was referring to adware and bad adds in latest comment.

This script is also effecting android browsers as you described above!

A friend recently have made a anti script for this and working great, now almost all popular adblockers including adgaurd , orginblock

can detect the script but still is a risky thing!

My apologies if I was rude there, if you felt so.

I see. Indeed you are correct there. AG now warns users when they open such site, asking them whether to allow such.

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

My apologies if I was rude there, if you felt so.

I see. Indeed you are correct there. AG now warns users when they open such site, asking them whether to allow such.

It's ok i understand, a lot to do in here.

, in fact i was just reading about the   who got hacked recently

https://thehackernews.com/2017/10/jquery-hacked.html

Archived