How to Get a Free Windows 10 key from any PC running Windows 7/8

virge

Many people already know this, but if you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 installed and you are thinking of buying Windows 10 for the upgrade, try this instead.   If your pc was pre-activated from the manufacturer, such as Dell/HP//Acer/Lenovo, etc. .... not KMS activated or using a corporate key... then you can get a free Windows 10 key by:

1. Follow this link and download and run ProdKey, make note of your current Windows 7 or 8 key.

3. Follow this link to download and upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

4. Upon completion, run Prodkey again, this time you will have a new Windows 10 key. Save that key somewhere safe.

5. From there, you can do a system reset to wipe out the old Windows 7 or 8 files, or just do a clean install of Windows 10  and it will activate just fine. 

Enjoy.

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2017 at 2:07 AM, virge said:

Many people already know this, but if you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 installed and you are thinking of buying Windows 10 for the upgrade, try this instead.   If your pc was pre-activated from the manufacturer, such as Dell/HP//Acer/Lenovo, etc. ....

Spoiler

not KMS activated or using a corporate key... then you can get a free Windows 10 key by:

1. Follow this link and download and run ProdKey, make note of your current Windows 7 or 8 key.

3. Follow this link to download and upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

4. Upon completion, run Prodkey again, this time you will have a new Windows 10 key. Save that key somewhere safe.

5. From there, you can do a system reset to wipe out the old Windows 7 or 8 files, or just do a clean install of Windows 10  and it will activate just fine. 

Enjoy. (?)

Are you still sure? Have you tried it all and really works?
I'm not sure, that You have tried. Why? Because here is just one thing correct - Windows 7 & 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 still works. Everything else is wrong.

6 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I'm not sure, that You have tried.

this method still works tried last week

It works on windows 7 even using DAZ loader

9 hours ago, Kalju said:

You only need to download and run the upgrade tool and it's free for now

Direct link from Ms

Note:

You need to clean old update folders and junk before installing this

Sometimes when old update is still there this tool get confused and don't run properly. 

8 hours ago, BioHazard said:

this method still works tried last week

It works on windows 7 even using DAZ loader

this is really the case, am going to generate my own keys then in a virtual machine using this method.. Thanks :)

Do leaked MAK keys work also for the upgrade? 

Am thinking of just taking snapshot through VM, changing key, and upgrade everytime to generate new one, then go back and repeat process :D 

9 hours ago, compgen1534 said:

this is really the case, am going to generate my own keys then in a virtual machine using this method.. Thanks :)

Good idea but unfortunately it doesn't work this way;)

It's really one and same key this tool use to upgrade and activate from Windows 7 etc

but u can't use it or activate another copy :hypocrite:

13 minutes ago, hacker7 said:

Good idea but unfortunately it doesn't work this way;)

It's really one and same key this tool use to upgrade and activate from Windows 7 etc

but u can't use it or activate another copy :hypocrite:

Are you sure not to use the tool, what if put leaked MAK key and upgrade will it work.. Am try maybe?? :huh: 

The tool is takin forever to download! phew.. thought was easier than this, wrong! :s 

9 hours ago, compgen1534 said:

Are you sure not to use the tool, what if put leaked MAK key and upgrade will it work.. Am try maybe?? :huh: 

Give it a try i say :bruce:

Just now, compgen1534 said:

Finally, download finished, now upgrading and see if it work... 

please post result :thumbsup: 

I can only say to you that in this first post is many misleading errors, but, of course, the upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 still works. It works as long as Microsoft blocks it, but Microsoft does not it, because they are interested in the disappearance of Windows 7 and 8 to 8.1.

Nirsoft does not show you the activation key and it has never done so. Displays only the installation key, even in very limited cases.
The Windows 10 key has never been shown by Nirsoft. You'll see the entry for Windows 10 and also some key, but that's not the right key. It is one old key, what has stored in Your computer. Usually it is key for installing, but not for activation. This has been talked about many times here in the forum, but still there are those who do not know.
Of course, there is software, what can show Windows 10 key, if You have installed it, but usually Windows 10 is activated with digital license linked to Your Microsoft account or to producer of computer.

If You'll upgrade from W7 or W8.1, then is used so called genuine ticket, which will be stored before installing Windows 10 and will be used after Windows is installed to activate it. In every upgraded machine is this ticket stored, that is the key that confirms, Your genuine and unrestricted activation. 

29 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I can only say to you that in this first post is many misleading errors, but, of course, the upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 still works. It works as long as Microsoft blocks it, but Microsoft does not it, because they are interested in the disappearance of Windows 7 and 8 to 8.1.

Nirsoft does not show you the activation key and it has never done so. Displays only the installation key, even in very limited cases.
The Windows 10 key has never been shown by Nirsoft. You'll see the entry for Windows 10 and also some key, but that's not the right key. It is one old key, what has stored in Your computer. Usually it is key for installing, but not for activation. This has been talked about many times here in the forum, but still there are those who do not know.
Of course, there is software, what can show Windows 10 key, if You have installed it, but usually Windows 10 is activated with digital license linked to Your Microsoft account or to producer of computer.

If You'll upgrade from W7 or W8.1, then is used so called genuine ticket, which will be stored before installing Windows 10 and will be used after Windows is installed to activate it. In every upgraded machine is this ticket stored, that is the key that confirms, Your genuine and unrestricted activation. 

Very good information do not to know this. Also used magical jellybean key finder and it gave me the same key 

so to sum it; there no way to show the real key? 

1 hour ago, compgen1534 said:

so to sum it; there no way to show the real key? 

Yes, it is possible to show and see, but it is depends on in it, what key You have used. Simply these keys are stored a bit differently and on different places.
Even, if You have upgraded from Win7 or Win 8.1, there is stored key and it is possible to see it, but I don't know, is it also possible to use for activation. But it is there and Nirsoft don't show it, but for example piriform Speccy, Windows 10 manager => System Information etc can. These are not the only ones, what shows, You can use even simple .vbs script, .bat/.cmd, powershell etc.

But all this is history. This has been talked about for several times here and everywhere else.But you don't need to search for this key, simply you do not need it anymore. It's history now.

19 hours ago, Kalju said:

Yes, it works, I did this method 3 times before posting this.

9 hours ago, virge said:

A lot happened since that first question been asked :D

1 hour ago, virge said:

I'm confused, I asked, because there isn't nothing true in Your first post.
Even some links don't work already about year and You say that You tried.
You are really shaman? 

1 hour ago, Kalju said:

I'm confused, I asked, because there isn't nothing true in Your first post.
Even some links don't work already about year and You say that You tried.
You are really shaman? 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how stupid that response may be. Calling me names shows you lack intelligence. The process and the links work just fine and yes, I did upgrade 3 Windows7 laptops to Windows 10 with no issues at all. Did clean installs on all. Kalju has been blocked, bye bye.

They use the generic key but the activation is tied to HWID on your computer, so even when you do clean install after using this method you’ll be automatic activated, and its digital license.

Archived