Java Runtime Environment 9.0.1

jalaffa

10 hours ago, steven36 said:

What happen was  the 1st release of v9  was same as a preview version and they released x86 preview .

The DEVs  Enplaned it  Here in this Q&A Video

https://youtu.be/Pr2v9E_oPXI?t=30m25s

I tested the  x86 java 9 version  none of my x86 programs  ran with it .. But if you have apps that need the x86 version of Java  you need too use v8 .  Some apps will  still have x86 Java  but the app vendor  will have too supply  it  if it has Java 9 or newer . There trying too do away with people needing  too install it and get vendors too release it  in the apps installer instead .

Bad thing is once Java  8 no longer gets updates  now you're going have too use outdated Java too run old x86 software they don't make no more unless there is some kind of workaround  made.  See  Java  plugin is just about dead for browsers  once ESR  runs out  only  some browser forks will be able too use i.t v9 they done away  with Java Plugin . No web sites run off Java much in like 10 years and using Java in a browser is a good way too catch a Virus.  it's not really needed for home users  in browsers anymore. And  few programs on Windows requires Java  anymore so they don't  think it's worth the resources  it takes too make a x86 version.  Java  x64 only is a security disaster fixing too happen .:protest:

Hey, dude, you really need to learn the difference between "to" and "too"!

• Replies 30
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jvidal said:

Hey, dude, you really need to learn the difference between "to" and "too"!

:dance:  Do you really speak English well  or  do you just know the difference in "to" and "too" on paper  ?

Glad to have switched to the x64-bit flavor of Firefox, a long long time ago — the corresponding Java is working just fine, as expected. F3h9xqz.gif

Archived