MyBB

Lee

I recommend MyBB to anyone who is currently looking for a free alternative to IPB/vB/phpBB. Although it may not be the most secure board software to date, it has a large number of decent and advanced features not found in phpBB. They recently released 1.0, and it's quite a stable product. They are now working on producing 1.2 with AJAX support, so it should be a decent version.

I've had first hand experience with MyBB and believed it was a very good free bulletin board (definitely better than phpBB), but it lacks professionalism and stability. There are vast amount of mods available for it, so you can mod up your board successfully, there are hundreds! <_<

Anyway, just wanted to post this and ask if any other people have tried it. It still has a very long way to go..

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried it, although it does look good. Me personally though, would prefer a much more stable and secure product. Any luxury things can always be done at a later date. Security first IMO.

I haven't tried it, although it does look good. Me personally though, would prefer a much more stable and secure product. Any luxury things can always be done at a later date. Security first IMO.

That's exactly the reason why I decided to buy an IPB license. It doesn't give the user confidence in the product when security updates are being rolled out every week or two. :)

Archived