Razorback servers siezed.

Guest Globalist

• Replies 19
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stick with my beloved NG's for now. Only use ED2K for those rarer files which are hard to find. Still a sad day for the community though <_<

Guest Globalist

Like I emphasized, if the other servers (First-load ect) are efficient and stable enough, then it's fine. The only reason we liked Razorback2.0 was because everyone was able to hook up due to it's stability, efficientcy.

It's obvious a stable server will come about, or indeed already there.

Guest Globalist

Something I picked up in a forum discussing such issues surrounding Razorback2.0...

''Personally I didn't even notice it was down - due to kad working so nicely - just when others started to complain about it I found out.''

Now there's a perosn fully engaged in eD2k activity. <_<

it's true tho, i woke up today to find 2 files finished and 3-4 files whammin away at like 20KBs...was like nothing had ever happened. wasn't till i saw this post that i looked at my server list, saw rb2 missing and was on edonkey2 or 3...got on #1 tho <_<

centralized servers do have their advantages tho (file stats etc)...

Guest Globalist
wasn't till i saw this post that i looked at my server list, saw rb2 missing and was on edonkey2 or 3...got on #1 tho :)

With eDonkey2000, I knew straight away due to when opening up the program from the task bar, it shows what server a user is connected to on each tab your on within the program. As well as file and user counts.

centralized servers do have their advantages tho (file stats etc)...

Yeah, but there's alot more advantages then that of decentralized. i.e connection with users are brought together instantly, optimunly, efficiently instead of decentralized being souly dependent on a users PC's resources.

dont you just love their laws and legal system :)

they should see about setuping up in france now. p2p software was declare legal there usless they change that.

Guest madascheese
emule sucks

the people with brains use bittorrent! :lol:

fuct knows why, but i keep going back and fourth between ED and BT.. i guess i like testing the mods ( anti-leech systems just piss me off)

Dang... I never really use eDonkey too much. I probably should. It does indeed seem to have those harder to find files.

Just a guess, but this must have been just as colossal as when Suprnova shut themselves down. (that's at least what I feel is being hinted)

emule sucks

the people with brains use bittorrent! ;)

... and what happens when you're after an old film like Titanic (1953)? Or Casablanca? Or older ones?

I've had 200kB+ speeds when I was on 2MB using eMule, and I'm sure it can go much faster.

Oh and the people with brains use newsgroups! :P

emule sucks

the people with brains use bittorrent! ;)

... and what happens when you're after an old film like Titanic (1953)? Or Casablanca? Or older ones?

I've had 200kB+ speeds when I was on 2MB using eMule, and I'm sure it can go much faster.

Oh and the people with brains use newsgroups! :P

bittorrent is like a gun. nice and powerful and pretty. but for safety its a loaded gun in a kids hands.

i predict that torrent and hash files will move to the newsgroups for safety later on.

• 4 weeks later...
Thunder-GOLD
emule sucks

the people with brains use bittorrent! :dance2:

pfffff

a person with a smart brain would use both

Emule :D Bitorrent

:D

Archived