For those that want to take the plunge to Macrium Reflect

Togijak

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the best and easiest to use backup and restore software I beleive on the market.

I adored Norton Ghost but this software is miles ahead, use it, then buy it, you won't regret it.

Look for a money off coupon first.

Try this one: BAR-UDG-JVU

I don't do incremental backups; however, once I install all of my programs and windows updates (after a clean install of OS), I do one single backup. If something goes wrong, I also have it on my boot menu which has saved my bacon a few times. Leo Notenboom recommended it years ago-been using it since XP.

7 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

It's the best and easiest to use backup and restore software I beleive on the market.

I adored Norton Ghost but this software is miles ahead, use it, then buy it, you won't regret it.

I have been using it on about half of my computers since version 5 and Acronis True Image on the other half.  Both work well and both have been used to restore systems after hardware failures.  I use a full image backup of an initial install, then I do a full image backup weekly with incremental backups daily and I keep the last 12 full backups for each system.  I have more experience with True Image than Macrium since True Image is on my  primary systems.  I like being able to mount a backup image and then extract just one file or folder from the backup without actually having to restore the whole thing.  I don't do cloud backups and some of my systems are still using Acronis TI 2015 even though I bought upgrades for them thru 2017.  That version performs well and doesn't have a lot of bloat or unneeded functions built into it.  Whenever I see new software with all the added functions it reminds me of a survey that was done on Microsoft Office Professional and the results were that 99% of the users used less than 5% of the available functions of the software.

6 hours ago, hacker7 said:

Really, VERSION 3 comparisons from 2014.  Not even relevant today in comparing the two products.  Both have evolved into different applications than they were back then.

7 hours ago, LeeSmithG said:

Sorry Lee but this coupon does not work.

14 hours ago, j9ksf said:

Sorry Lee but this coupon does not work.

Just use a search engine and look for another.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Macrium+reflect+7+coupons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=TYjYWdSlF8jFaNeWi9gJ

I got mine from retail me not.

However I then purchased a further three (3) to make four, got a refund on single license key and I got four (4) for the price of two (2).

sometimes users / sites disappear from one minute to the next (one of the best tutorials for sandboxie was made by subset and he stopped his work and deleted his site from one moment to the next) and that situation teaches  me to be careful and better make a PDF if I find a information / tutorial useful.

upper tutorial as an PDF https://www.multifilemirror.com/vm5mk7fgpozs/How_to_Create_and_Restore_a_System_Image_Backup_with_Macrium_Reflect.pdf.html

Archived