Waterfox 55.2.0

jalaffa

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should forked off  back when all legacy addons still worked for it i guess Firefox Resources Reader leak will  never be patched if they going fork off at 56 .Firefox ESR  has a working addon that mitigates the leak , It's fixed in firefox 57 beta  and palemoon don't leak.If he don't patch it  or  someone make a addon that don't mess things up i want never use this browser again  .  :lol:

stylemessiah

Dont install...it now uses a new profile path users\appdata\roaming\waterfox\...doesnt mvoe your profile so 1st startup after installing over old version or updating, eveyrthing will be gone and you'll have to copy your profile over, and possibly edit other files within profile folder

Plus you cannot login to google with this version...confirmed issue

I gave up and went back to FireFox x64...

This new Waterfox makes me crazy! :angry:

It is opening in a second "tab"  other dials and í can't stop it. :huh:

Using a lot of memory/cpu :(

13 hours ago, wakker said:

This new Waterfox makes me crazy! :angry:

It is opening in a second "tab"  other dials and í can't stop it. :huh:

Using a lot of memory/cpu :(

Problem solved, it was an FVD speed dial problem, had to turn off auto update :)https://everhelper.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1178273-fvd-speed-dial-for-firefox-quick-guide#25

1 hour ago, wakker said:

Problem solved, it was an FVD speed dial problem, had to turn off auto update :)https://everhelper.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1178273-fvd-speed-dial-for-firefox-quick-guide#25

FVD speed dial is having problems because there trying to migrate to web addons and its full of bugs  if you use it in Firefox ESR  or Waterfox  best stick with FVD speed dial Version 23.3.1 legacy version tell  they get them sorted out . I tested  the latest WebEX legacy version  in  Firefox ESR and   Waterfox  55.2.0 portable  it don't  work at all for me with my setups . But in  Firefox 57 beta I'm using  Bookmarked Speed Dial instead  witch is already a full web add-on  :)

No Resource URI Leak (clone)  is working with UBO  in Waterfox  55.2.0 now without breaking anything witch  is good news.  still the Waterfox DEV needs to fix the URI Leak .

No Resource URI Leak (clone)  can be found here.

https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/Appendix-B:-Extensions

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

FVD speed dial is having problems because there trying to migrate to web addons and its full of bugs  if you use it in Firefox ESR  or Waterfox  best stick with FVD speed dial Version 23.3.1 legacy version tell  they get them sorted out . I tested  the latest WebEX legacy version  in  Firefox ESR and   Waterfox  55.2.0 portable  it don't  work at all for me with my setups . But in  Firefox 57 beta I'm using  Bookmarked Speed Dial instead  witch is already a full web add-on  :)

No Resource URI Leak (clone)  is working with UBO  in Waterfox  55.2.0 now without breaking anything witch  is good news.  still the Waterfox DEV needs to fix the URI Leak .

No Resource URI Leak (clone)  can be found here.

https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/wiki/Appendix-B:-Extensions

Thanks for the info steven36!

Archived