Zippyshare

I Am Negan

• Replies 29
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2017 at 9:55 AM, dcs18 said:

The key lies on my opening sentence about JavaScript. B)

To prevent pop-ups, just use the following rule on your fav. ad. blocker — tested only on Firefox with a little love from Adguard (should work on any ad. blocker, though):-

||$script,third-party,domain=zippyshare.com

||$script,third-party,domain=solidfiles.com

||$script,third-party,domain=userscloud.com

||$script,third-party,domain=dailyuploads.com

||$script,third-party,domain=mirrorcreator.com

Is this good??

3 hours ago, Kerry4444 said:

||$script,third-party,domain=solidfiles.com

||$script,third-party,domain=userscloud.com

||$script,third-party,domain=dailyuploads.com

||$script,third-party,domain=mirrorcreator.com

Is this good??

As long as you've verified for yourself that the above rules are valid for your use-case, you can consolidate those 5 separate rules into 1 single rule:—

||$script,third-party,domain=zippyshare.com|solidfiles.com|userscloud.com|dailyuploads.com|mirrorcreator.com

It's important to remember that not all pop-ups are caused by third party scripts — personally though, I block all third party scripts using the following global rule:—

||$script,third-party

I think the global rule is the way to go, that way you shouldn't have to add new ones?

||$script,third-party

When you create a global rule as above, it would even cause some sites to break — making you work more than usual but only initially, as you build your exception rules. In the longer run though, global rules bring ease and peace.

Just a heads up — with reference to my previous post, it's advisable to not create consolidated rules (when in the beginning stage) so that when you run into an issue, it becomes easier to troubleshoot the problem. Once you start getting the hang of it, you'd want to consolidate your rules.

Archived