AdGuard fights stealth cryptocurrency mining on websites

Matsuda

12 hours ago, Undertaker said:

You remember we discussing how it's blocking even the HTML in program, that doesn't happen in the extension(even with the same rule).

Apart from its most effective character, the only reason for my replacing uMatrix with Adguard was that Adguard blocks more.

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Apart from its most effective character, the only reason for my replacing uMatrix with Adguard was that Adguard blocks more.

Yes that's true but it also create hurdles if you are not well versed like you said some of your customers saying it blocks too much.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/301971-adguard-fights-stealth-cryptocurrency-mining-on-websites/?do=findComment&comment=1263953

Yeah, but those hurdles are just temporal and not gonna be lasting forever — the same as when we switched all client machines to uMatrix.

Yeah that's why I said one needs to be familiar with the concept because adguard is thorough otherwise you won;t even be able to access external links from within a site.

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Another reason for my not using the add-on as a standalone is the speed of deployment that integration mode brings.

I personally found using it as standalone to the prog to be faster.

ATM though I don't use the extension.

6 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Have never had the opportunity to try the standalone — shall give that a run, at leisure. ;)

Also give the standalone version(the one exclusively available at github page) of the extension a chance whenever you try it.

It has extended capability(JS rules) not available to regular builds.

Archived