CNN Anchor Ends Segment Early Over Commentator’s Bizarre ‘Boobs’ Remark

virge

CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin abruptly ended her segment on Friday when the conversation took a sexist turn.

What began as a discussion about the Jemele Hill controversy digressed when Fox Sports Radio’s Clay Travis, who described himself as a “First Amendment absolutist” said, “I believe in the First Amendment and boobs.”

Baldwin cut Travis off, asking, “I just wanted to make sure I heard you correctly as a woman anchoring this show, what did you just say? You believe in the First Amendment and b-double-o-b-s?”

“Boobs. Two things that have only never let me down in this entire country’s history, the First Amendment and boobs,” Travis responded. “Those are the two things I believe in absolutely in the country.”

After confirming again that Travis did in fact say “boobs” and not “booze,” a clearly disturbed Baldwin retorted, “Why would you even say this live on national television and with a female host? Why would you even go there?” She cut him off and ended the conversation early saying, “That was entirely inappropriate.”

Following the segment, Baldwin tweeted, “That was… I just… it was one of those thought bubbles ‘Did he actually say that on MY SHOW?!’ Note to men — that is never okay.” Travis responded saying, “You can’t say you like the First Amendment and boobs? I say and write it every day. Need to make t-shirts now.”

Article: http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/cnn-boobs-brooke-baldwin-clay-travis-1202560552/

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Archived