Windows XP x64 Activation problems

Guest TheReturnOfGir489

Guest TheReturnOfGir489

After the 30 days are up, it asks me to "activate windows." I click on "OK", and then it says 'Windows is already activated."

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

download xp-antispy http://www.xp-antispy.org/ and set "RegDone" to 1! (Set RegDone=1)

Dont know if its this registration your talking about, but you can give it a try..

edit: oh, activation. well thats not it is it (: well. you can download antispy anyway, just because its great!

Ok, let me guess. Sometime after "activation" you upgraded your PC with different hardware. Correct? Now you also can't log into windows period, correct?

Well, if this is true, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is that in a tag team of Super WinPE and an .exe i found somewhere, you can get back into windows (it was something like WGA crack, and the icon was a yellowish orage brick with a key on it.. it wasnt a homebrew icon, i've seen it in windows before).

Just toss the .exe on a flash drive, then boot up your computer with Super WinPE. Using windows explorer, open the flashdrive, and run the exe. There should be a button that says something like patch/chose location. left click = patch, right click = select location. Right click (or else a left click will try to patch the CD with winPE on it... which fails miserably), and select your HD with the Windows install of desire. Navigate to the file it wants and hit patch. Boot back into your OS (not winPE), and log in.

Want the bad news now? All the files you personally put on the computer are GONE. No you cant get them back, you're stuck without them. programs should all still be there though. But either way you'll need this fix if you're going to want to upgrade later down the road. Reformatting will do absoluetely nothing if you're planning on upgrading. (which, everyone considers eventually)

yesh, i had to re-register windows after upgrading my HDD...i dunno why they're allowed to do that. i mean, it's my PC and my hardware, ytf does M$ care what i have installed?! <_<

yesh, i had to re-register windows after upgrading my HDD...i dunno why they're allowed to do that. i mean, it's my PC and my hardware, ytf does M$ care what i have installed?! <_<

Heh, exactly. I had the problem on a really crappy machine (its what I had to use at one time), and all I did was upgrade my RAM to 512 from 256, and my computer took a shit on itself.

• Administrator

I THINK (infact 95% sure) that activiation codes are based on the serial number of your hard drive....

Guest TheReturnOfGir489

I downloaded another XiSO from BT, and it had a really awesome crack in it.

It actually KILLS the timer for when you have to activate. So it literally says you have 30 days to activate it, every day! (Well, not literally, but that's what the ReadMe says. It stops the balloon from pooping up, though.)

there is like 10 different things it checks. if a certain number are changed it trips the reactivation crap. first time you start windows xp i believe its 27 days. the reactivations is 3 days.

i had gotten a 2nd 512 ram chip and install it. both said ddr 400 for pc3200. it then said aftewards 1 gb ram but at 333. i tested them multi times taking one out vs the other. both by themselves said 400. after doing it like 5 times in less then 3 hours it trip the reactivation crap.

i changed out both orginal harddrives and no problem.

btw im surprise no one posted a link for getting around it. i never trusted those things anyway.

Guest TheReturnOfGir489
there is like 10 different things it checks. if a certain number are changed it trips the reactivation crap. first time you start windows xp i believe its 27 days. the reactivations is 3 days.

i had gotten a 2nd 512 ram chip and install it. both said ddr 400 for pc3200. it then said aftewards 1 gb ram but at 333. i tested them multi times taking one out vs the other. both by themselves said 400. after doing it like 5 times in less then 3 hours it trip the reactivation crap.

i changed out both orginal harddrives and no problem.

btw im surprise no one posted a link for getting around it. i never trusted those things anyway.

AntiWPA 3 <--- Came on the XiSO.

you know they may delete that. i actually dont know if its against their rules. its not hacking and it could be used just to stop reactivation triping. therefor it cold be consider a win xp tweaking.

on a side note. if a person has a fresh installment of windows xp and has not done the activation and they where to use something like that (it says it fools it into thinking its in safemode therefor no check at reboot)would it hide the 27 day left for first activation or would it still have only 27 days since it was never activated to begin with? just asking. one of those random thoughts/questions in my mind. i understand it would stop future checkings.

it removes the 30 trial limit too, so you're basiclly in trial mode forever (friend of mine used to have XP 'fixed' like that). but it does save legitimate users a 30 min phone call just to get a stupid confirmation number...and you ALWAYS get fowarded to tech support cause they can't find your ID. plus the online check NEVER works...tried it on 4-5 PCs now :)

any ways, i'll let it slide, saves people some M$ B$ (and it doesn't really 'hack' anything). can't say the same for Lite tho...

it removes the 30 trial limit too, so you're basiclly in trial mode forever (friend of mine used to have XP 'fixed' like that). but it does save legitimate users a 30 min phone call just to get a stupid confirmation number...and you ALWAYS get fowarded to tech support cause they can't find your ID. plus the online check NEVER works...tried it on 4-5 PCs now :)

any ways, i'll let it slide, saves people some M$ B$ (and it doesn't really 'hack' anything). can't say the same for Lite tho...

anyway i look at the test file of that thing and doesnt change or hack windows. version 2 did. just interesting things to know. i figure someone in here likes to test OS's on stuff like this. i seem to remember Lite saying he tests just about everything.

so just the checking of activation is fooled into thinking its in safe mode and the rest of windows xp would work right? i got to say microsft does a wonderful job of keeping 3rd party software makers in business.

oh in case there is a problem i wasnt asking for the file, i was saying, " i was surpise no one posted or ask for one of them"

from what the readme says, dunno if it's 100% true or not tho, it only tricks winlogon.exe into thinking you're in safe mode (while the rest of windows runs normally). it does this in memory with the dll which allows 2 things, the no hacking needed part and it allows you to do what he's doing...skip the check with safe mode. pretty smart method if you think about it. but, i'm unaware of the security risks / side effects of using this, so do so at your own risk (get that out the way) :P

it's the same idea behind FTFake's K-Lite loader tho...he just has it telling kazaa in memory that 'yes, spyware is functioning...now work you PoS' :P but, for the technically gifted, it does this by detecting and purposely using the same memory stacks as the software in question...overwriting what they wanna do to what you wanna do (a common 'loader' method [ie. 'yes we've paid for a register this app']) :)

• 1 month later...

Archived