RIP Dave Green

DoomStorm

Hello fellow Nsaners

I am sorry to report that we have learned, that a dear friend and great coder have passed away the 30th August 2017 getting the lower hand on the fight of cancer.

@swampy aka. @Dave Green, have done many portables over the time he have been known, learned a lot from our dear @FukenGruven and eventually taken over the work from FG and he was not the one standing idle to help make a portable for anyone who asked.
Lately he took over the maintaining part of HandyPAF and released many new releases and was updating old portables to the new launcher generator that @demon.devin is currently maintaining.

Our deepest condolences to the family and may he rest in peace.
The Staff on Workbench

• Replies 66
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we didnt speak much, its just only some weeks ago that was the first time we did it, death is the way all of we will have assured since we are born :(

we have only one life
he fought to the last moment

Dum Spiro Spero

The last thing him and I had been talking about was how to use Windows Services with my version of the PortableApps.com Launcher Generator. I was teaching him how to find and work with services and how to register DLL files. He was so close to getting it down too. 

Here's the last PAF that Dave and I had been working on together. I'm sharing it in his memory.

Any Video Converter Ultimate Portable v6.1.7

Oh my... Dave was really nice guy ! :( Why always good guy leave us so fast :( 

My deepest condolences to his family...You'll be missed my friend.

R.I.P Dave Green and condolences to his family and friends in portable softwares coalition

So sorry for that bad news, we will miss you friend. Thanks Dave for all his great work all over the years. He was one of the best Pafers (PAF developer) since the days of @FukenGruven 's blog. and all the team members that know him in the community know him as good man as well who was always there to help others.

Archived