[solved] opening Acronis backups

Togijak

Is there any portable Acronis True Image? I found some old video backups etc made with Acronis on DVD's and want to look inside without installing this software (last years I am a Macrium user).

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Togijak said:

Is there any portable Acronis True Image? I found some old video backups etc made with Acronis on DVD's and want to look inside without installing this software (last years I am a Macrium user).

You can use a boot version of Acronis True Image, starting it from USB or DVD.

11 hours ago, GlacialMan said:

You can use a boot version of Acronis True Image, starting it from USB or DVD.

that's right but I have to find a alternate software for rufus (don't make a USB stick from a Acronis bootdisk) I hope YUMI can do it.

On יום שלישי 05 ספטמבר 2017 at 6:40 AM, Togijak said:

Yes, there was a portable version of Acronis TI Home 2011 (V.14.0). made by PortableAppz.zxq aka @demon.devin, that is not accessible anymore, it was hosted on @jooseng 's forum at http://forum.portableappc.com, but as I know its is down for 2 weeks now.

in alternative its possible to use a winPE with the Acronis on it, there are a lot of those PE systems with various versions of TI, like older Hiren's Boot, DLC Boot.....

and finally there is a small tool (about 9 MB) from Acronis called "Acronis TIB walker", this was for really older versions of TrueImage like 9.7 and older. it contents few core files of TrueImage with an inf file to integrate them into the shell system and so to provide the ability to brows inside the backup images directly from windows explorer as like the full Acronis TrueImage installed, similar like with winzip files.

Then there was a way to replace those files of "Acronis TIB walker" with newer TrueImage files version to achieve support to newer TrueImage backup format. I don't remember what was the lasted working version doing this trick.

I was using it on WinXP, and still have it on Win7. never tested on newer Win OS.

3 hours ago, m345 said:

Yes, there was a portable version of Acronis TI Home 2011 (V.14.0). made by PortableAppz.zxq aka @demon.devin, that is not accessible anymore, it was hosted on @jooseng 's forum at http://forum.portableappc.com, but as I know its is down for 2 weeks now.

in alternative its possible to use a winPE with the Acronis on it, there are a lot of those PE systems with various versions of TI, like older Hiren's Boot, DLC Boot.....

and finally there is a small tool (about 9 MB) from Acronis called "Acronis TIB walker", this was for really older versions of TrueImage like 9.7 and older. it contents few core files of TrueImage with an inf file to integrate them into the shell system and so to provide the ability to brows inside the backup images directly from windows explorer as like the full Acronis TrueImage installed, similar like with winzip files.

Then there was a way to replace those files of "Acronis TIB walker" with newer TrueImage files version to achieve support to newer TrueImage backup format. I don't remember what was the lasted working version doing this trick.

I was using it on WinXP, and still have it on Win7. never tested on newer Win OS.

Here is the PAF of my old Acronis True Image Home @m345 is talking about. I do not know if this works on Windows 8 or later because I designed this portable with Windows XP in mind. However, if I remember correctly, I had it working on Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well. This is almost  a decade old if not older. I've also linked to my Acronis Disk Director (this was @m345 favorite portable back then.. lol) which is just as old and is also designed with Windows XP in mind.

TrueImagePortable_14.0_English.paf.exe

DiskDirectorPortable_11.0_English.paf.exe

@Togijak I tried updating these two PAFs to more recent versions but to no avail. Good luck my friend.

Disclaimer

I will not be held responsible for any erroneous mishaps that may occur if you use these portables. Please use with caution.

=)

5 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Try

https://www.pendrivelinux.com
Universal USB Installer
YUMI - Multiboot USB ...

thanks but already done and no it did not work with YUMI. I did not wanted to play around longer and used a old boot cd = saw what is inside, made a video list and added it to the description in WhereIsIt.

Archived