Slow Boot up of laptop

bruinator

My laptop boots up really slow. I have disabled a lot of startup processes in msconfig. I have limited it to just 2. Is there anything else I can do to increase boot up time other than getting an SSD?  thx

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's spec of the laptop / what Os are you running ?

Could be running Win 10 on a celeron.. :P

• Use CCleaner to erase trash, and run the registry cleaner.
  • Defrag the HDD (I prefer and recommend PerfectDisk for this.)
  • Uninstall any programs you may not need or use.

If all else fails just do a format. It's always nice having a clean, fresh HDD to work with.

32 minutes ago, Dodel said:

What's spec of the laptop / what Os are you running ?

Could be running Win 10 on a celeron.. :P

here u go  specs.jpg

could it be that you have 2 vga cards (1 onboard and a extra vga card)

the it could be this problem

then do this

look for

open regedit as admin & search for "EnableULPS" this should find a DWORD 32bit value & change it from 1 to 0 & reboot...

this could help you to reduce the startup boot time and it will take a lot less time to boot up

I hope it helps you out.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Not only here

Default Slow boot up of laptop

My laptop boots up really slow. I have disabled a lot of startup processes in msconfig. I have limited it to just 2. Is there anything else I can do to increase boot up time other than getting an SSD? thx

My laptop boots up really slow. I have disabled a lot of startup processes in msconfig. I have limited it to just 2. Is there anything else I can do to increase boot up time other than getting an SSD? thx

Etc..

• Administrator

I actually do not mind it. As long as answers are shared here and other members get to know about the fix for the problem. Having said, not the best of practices.

Eitherway, I wonder if the issue is related to what you did here. Maybe the OS is taking time trying to connect the hardware part, not fully sure though.

knowledge-Spammer

try with out kis installed see if help on boot speed

or try with out malwarebytes aswell

15 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I actually do not mind it. As long as answers are shared here and other members get to know about the fix for the problem. Having said, not the best of practices.

Eitherway, I wonder if the issue is related to what you did here. Maybe the OS is taking time trying to connect the hardware part, not fully sure though.

Well, I respect your opinion DKT but i do mind. It is none of his business. He need not respond to my threads if he doesnt reply with help to the issue stated.

Wonder no more coz that had nothing to do with slow boot. :) Its been happening way before that.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Format your system — the only posts we see from you are all about your computer problems.

Just do something about it — make the solution permanent.

I mean he often provide too little infos on his problems. Which lead people to give him random solutions. I find it's amazing that some of his problems were solved.

It's possible that all the problems he got came from all those random solutions.

Well, enough with my babbling.

@bruinator there are many factors that could affect boot speed. Is your boot speed always like this or was it faster before?

Check your disk health. In my personal experience, poor disk health is often the main cause of slow boot speed.

26 minutes ago, trufpal said:

I mean he often provide too little infos on his problems. Which lead people to give him random solutions. I find it's amazing that some of his problems were solved.

It's possible that all the problems he got came from all those random solutions.

Well, enough with my babbling.

@bruinator there are many factors that could affect boot speed. Is your boot speed always like this or was it faster before?

Check your disk health. In my personal experience, poor disk health is often the main cause of slow boot speed.

Well, if more info is needed just ask what you need so i can provide it. It is a very simple solution. If i knew what was needed dont u think i would add it? :)

If you really want to find out what is causing your problems quit taking advice from people who don't know what your problem is because they can't see and evaluate the situation.  Get a copy of Bootracer and install it and see what it is telling you about your load times..

http://www.greatis.com/bootracer/

You can also try Autorun Organizer

https://www.chemtable.com/autorun-organizer.htm

There is a website that has been available for years that has a lot of information on loading services and tweaking your system.  I have used information from this website for years in tweaking systems.  It is good and it is accurate.

http://www.blackviper.com/

One of the first things he warns users about is using MSCONFIG to disable startups.  You need to read the info on his site, but before you use any of the above you need to re-enable everything in MSCONFIG that you disabled.  Then I would use his guide to tweak the services you have starting.  And finally I would run one of the two programs above and check out the data they are providing about your bootup.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

If you do all this then you can arrive at the best available boot time for your system.  Lots of software install items into boot time runs that don't really need to be there and they can be safely removed.  There is no magic solution, it takes time and experimenting.

6 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

If you really want to find out what is causing your problems quit taking advice from people who don't know what your problem is because they can't see and evaluate the situation.  Get a copy of Bootracer and install it and see what it is telling you about your load times..

You can also try Autorun Organizer

https://www.chemtable.com/autorun-organizer.htm

There is a website that has been available for years that has a lot of information on loading services and tweaking your system.  I have used information from this website for years in tweaking systems.  It is good and it is accurate.

http://www.blackviper.com/

One of the first things he warns users about is using MSCONFIG to disable startups.  You need to read the info on his site, but before you use any of the above you need to re-enable everything in MSCONFIG that you disabled.  Then I would use his guide to tweak the services you have starting.  And finally I would run one of the two programs above and check out the data they are providing about your bootup.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-10-service-configurations/

If you do all this then you can arrive at the best available boot time for your system.  Lots of software install items into boot time runs that don't really need to be there and they can be safely removed.  There is no magic solution, it takes time and experimenting.

Will do this tomorrow. I forgot about blackviper. Used this yrs ago and worked well. thx for reminding me of it. :)

11 hours ago, rudrax said:

Use Autoruns from Microsoft's Sysinternal Suit.

Autoruns tells you nothing about loading and booting times or order.  It only lists items it found in the various locations that are used for starting programs.  It even lists items that aren't there any more.  Any of the systernals programs can be run live from their live page at live.systernals.com without having to download and extract anything.  

5 hours ago, 0bin said:

Bruinator have you fixed the slow start up problem?

I have it down to less than 90 secs so it is not too bad i guess? thx 0bin. BTW..u r a very sweet lady.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, straycat19 said:

I have thos slow startup problem but never could get a real improvement. I've tried to optimize removing from startup all I could and stopping or changing to manual some processes. Also used some utilities but never got any improvement. I'm quite resignated that it's my system,  it is too slow. Guess this app might provide some useful information to improve or at least, to understand the origin of the issue..

This problems should  be not install any cleaner because they can't fix this. you should format C: and install new OS.

27 minutes ago, MISSYOU said:

This problems should  be not install any cleaner because they can't fix this. you should format C: and install new OS.

This is still the best solution :)

Archived