Gone a while, returned to missing downloads

galaxyquestor

galaxyquestor

Hi, all:

I hope I've chosen the right place to post this question. 

I spent about a month rebuilding my computer, and in the last few days have been looking for content that has always been here, but that the "search" function - and manual searches - can't seem to find. 

Examples are the Auslogics suites that have been here and updated regularly, and many other items. (while the Auslogics "defrag pro" was there, the entire suite was missing). 

Has something happened with regards to the DMCA, or the search engine, or am I searching in a way that will no longer help me find my chosen content? Have membership privileges changed in some way? 

I love this site, and depend on it for so much, and have for so long, that it seems like (almost) I am walking through a ghost-town (this is hyperbole, but the lack of long-standing content is disturbing).

Can anyone let me know if there's been a change, or if I'm not doing something correctly? 

I am using, as always, Win 7 x64 Enterprise, and the Firefox and Chromium browsers, with my usual assortment of extensions. I also use "DNS changer," but have been for years. 

Site access is no problem, logging in is no problem - it's simply the stunning lack of content which confuses (and worries) me. 

Love to all :wub:, and any information would be appreciated - either in an answering post, or as a message. 

Thanks so much.:o

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi bro,

unread content page displays:

"The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete."

you have to hold tight for now, Admins are working hard to rebuild all the things

perhaps you can find more news in Site-related section (I don't find admin's post)

regards

• Administrator

@galaxyquestor: The post by neofita is correct.

Recently, we had done a major upgrade to our forum software, after which, all the posts need to reindexed. So you cannot easily search posts just as yet. As the number of posts on our forums are quite big, with the forum itself taking a lot of resources, the reindexing of the forum posts are taking more time than usual here.

You can use google to search nsaneforums until indexing finish like this for example

XYplorer site:nsaneforums.com

• Administrator
2 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

You can use google to search nsaneforums until indexing finish like this for example

XYplorer site:nsaneforums.com

I must mention though, the site thing comes before, the search part you want to search comes later. While both ways work, I believe there is a better / official way to do it.

But yes, you can Google it. You can also go on FP - nsane.down and use the search button on the top right, it integrates both FP and forums together and gives results from both of them.

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

I must mention though, the site thing comes site, the search part you want to search comes later. While both ways work, I believe there is a better / official way to do it.

But yes, you can Google it. You can also go on FP - nsane.down and use the search button on the top right, it integrates both FP and forums together and gives results from both of them.

If you tried to search for example about BluffTitler you wont find anything from fb top right search

But i tried BluffTitler site:nsaneforums.com and it's working

Maybe the top right search uses the index ?

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

If you tried to search for example about BluffTitler you wont find anything from fb top right search

But i tried BluffTitler site:nsaneforums.com and it's working

Maybe the top right search uses the index ?

You right. It seems to have broken. My mistake. Maybe HTTPS is breaking it.

@Lite will need to look into it.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, knowledge said:

maybe mods want to look y this happen

Email this page - nsane.forums

y its called email this page ?

Google bot indexing the wrong page, that is why it's so. :P

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, knowledge said:

I tried looking into it. But I cannot fix it myself - Google gives no way to fix it. Not a big issue if you ask me about it.

galaxyquestor
On 8/30/2017 at 4:20 AM, neofita said:

hi bro,

unread content page displays:

"The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete."

you have to hold tight for now, Admins are working hard to rebuild all the things

perhaps you can find more news in Site-related section (I don't find admin's post)

regards

I couldn't find it either, but you, and all of the others who answered, gave me everything I needed - both answers to the question, and some temporary solutions. 

As long as nSANE is alive and well, and all of the people working to make it happen are here, I have no fear about anything.

Thanks so much, and much gratitude and love to all.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, galaxyquestor said:

I couldn't find it either, but you, and all of the others who answered, gave everything I needed - both answers to the question. Thanks so much.

I use "HTTPS anywhere (everywhere?)", so I'll try turning that off and try it. My https may be breaking it too. Thank you for your trouble.

I do not think that addon is doing that. HTTPS is enabled / enforced by nsane.down, so no way to disable and check if HTTPS is a problem.

Actually, I think the problem might be different. Google's search needs to be fixed by Lite on server side I think.

galaxyquestor
On 8/30/2017 at 3:25 PM, DKT27 said:

@galaxyquestor: The post by neofita is correct.

Recently, we had done a major upgrade to our forum software, after which, all the posts need to reindexed. So you cannot easily search posts just as yet. As the number of posts on our forums are quite big, with the forum itself taking a lot of resources, the reindexing of the forum posts are taking more time than usual here.

DKT27, 

Thank you very much for a clear explanation.

I'm a very patient person, so I don't really care how long it takes to be working optimally.

My only worry was that this great community might be headed out and down.

I appreciate all of the hard work that must be going on behind the scenes to improve things, and encourage the people working on it to take their time (I was, long ago, a carpenter - and learned as an apprentice from much more experienced men to "Measure twice, and cut once," in order to do it right the first time. 

Thank you, everyone who responded.

This may have been on "site news," but I searched it and didn't find a post regarding the issue. 

DK, you are, as always, a great help.

Be well, my friend. 

Archived