• Replies 102
  • Views 70.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes its paid for actually

And i'll have to PAY MORE to update it

Norton likes money...a lot

Cool Beans

try uninstalling norton program that is not working and before you reinstall clean out your temp files folder(the one your system used by default for installing) I had the exact same problem and this fixed it. I don't know why but Norton seems to build in install problems judging from the FAQ their support site has.

Does anyone here think i should get the beta of NOD32? im still using the final, and im not sure if i should get the beta.

EDIT: using the beta and works GREAT!

yes its paid for actually

And i'll have to PAY MORE to update it

Norton likes money...a lot

Cool Beans

Get the new Norton System Works 2005 :D , and you'll have a years subscription.

• Administrator
nvm, NOD32 is way better than Norton.

In what respects?

If your on about overall detection.... that goes to norton.

In what respects?

If your on about overall detection.... that goes to norton.

I had norton installed for about 5 minutes and it slowed down my computer sooo much.

LemonHead2089

works PERFECTO over here :). does anyone know when NAV 2006 will come out by any chance?

I am really surprised to see such a huge % for Norton in nsane forum... :)

I expected NOD32 to be the numero uno :)

NOD32 beta is very good :blink:

NOD32 is light and has not had anything affect my sys as yet....

To me Norton is like a big elephant sitting on my system :usama:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest cisgms

I am using norton right now, but it is slow. So I am going to try out some of these others. Have any of you tried the shield pro. Any comments on it.

Hi cis...norton is a good av just try other av if you like. i used to try other avs just swith to nod 32 especially this forum have nod32's genie :)

like to hear your experiences of shield pro..

rgd

Guest cisgms

I haven't used shield pro, but I have heard a lot of good things about it and was wondering if anyone has used it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest schl0rk

I use Kaspersky. 8 or more signature updates per day and a verrrryyy good detection rate. Only antiviruskit has a better, but it's very slow.

Used to use NAV 2005 :clap:

Worked pretty well, bar 2 occasions when it 'de-activated' itself and let a number of trojans into my system, which led to about 10+ different spy- and ad-wares. Dunno if the trojans caused the deactivation (probably).

I decided to test NOD32 out, after reading around here and seeing that NOD32 was alot lighter on resources than Norton. So I'm sticking with NOD32 ;) Plus I installed Sygate and MemTurbo and my system is working so much better now than it was before.

And something I read somewhere, someone so aptly put it:

"switching to nod32 was like removing the ball and chain from my computer :frusty:" - describing nod32 vs Norton.

SliverSamuel
i'd recommend nod32 over norton aswell :frusty:

Why, nod32 has been tested before by the pc magazine, and its results sucked. ;)

Guest tensegg
Why, nod32 has been tested before by the pc magazine, and its results sucked. :frusty:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then PC magazine needs to be slapped, hard, I wouldnt use anything but nod, never , ever had a virus since i started using it, never had one single problem with it, and I never notice its actually there it uses so little resources. Pc Magazine I recall also said norton AV was the tops, and we all know its poo, nuff said... ;) ;)

wow just voted for nod, and seen 47% use norton, so many pc's being raped by the beast ;) :clap:

SliverSamuel

Norton is really good, esp with its company hiring super-geeks with all of its money, it is able to discover more virus(u can see that if u read its virus definitions file). Anyways, the bigger the company, the more is its manpower, the better its vrius definitions will be. :lol:

Archived