Cannot Install Office 2013

Knightmare

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64. I had been experiencing frequent crashes with Office 2010, specifically with Outlook. So I decided to uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2013. I uninstalled Office 2010 normally through Programs & Features in Control Panel. Once it uninstalled, I rebooted the computer and downloaded a copy of Office 2013 VL Edition (SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2013w_SP1_64Bit_English_MLF_X19-35976). The installer would barely start and I would get the following message:

https://www.eightforums.com/attachments/software-apps/40455d1396046595t-office-2013-error-1920-a-000001.jpg

I have tried rebuilding the cache and I have tried setting the service to Automatic. When I tried to manually start it, I get this message:

https://i0.wp.com/www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/h2-13/bfe-error-1.png?resize=522%2C239&quality=100

I know that the service in the picture doesn't match the service I'm talking about but the error 1083 is the same. No one seems to have any answer on this. I don't know what would cause the service to delete itself in the first place.

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try load cmd by admin-right, once prompt type "sfc / scannow"

if issue persist and my own opinion is to format and reinstall windows.(a clean install will lead windows run smoother:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, fastzz said:

try load cmd by admin-right, once prompt type "sfc / scannow"

if issue persist and my own opinion is to format and reinstall windows.(a clean install will lead windows run smoother:rolleyes:

I ran sfc and did a repair with Tweaking.com Windows AIO Repair. Same issue.

compgen1534

I've never received that specific error, but judging from it you should've manually uninstalled office instead of using the automated installer through the control panel and then from there installed the office 2013 

Your less prone to errors when you manually uninstall and remove everything on your own.

@Knightmare Have you tried this? If not Pls try the below which would resolve most issues.

1. Reinstall Office 2010
  2. Uninstall using Revo or any better uninstaller
  3. Check for more traces/leftover files/registry entries
  4. Reboot
  5. Optionally use sfc /scannow and Windows AIO Repair at this step.
  6. Install Office 2013

Download and run this Office removal tool:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/5/505878EB-FFC4-4DF0-A526-B1165BFA6C35/o15-ctrremove.diagcab

Then reboot and try to install the Office version you want.

5 hours ago, Knightmare said:

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64. I had been experiencing frequent crashes with Office 2010, specifically with Outlook. So I decided to uninstall Office 2010 and install Office 2013. I uninstalled Office 2010 normally through Programs & Features in Control Panel. Once it uninstalled, I rebooted the computer and downloaded a copy of Office 2013 VL Edition (SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2013w_SP1_64Bit_English_MLF_X19-35976). The installer would barely start and I would get the following message:

https://www.eightforums.com/attachments/software-apps/40455d1396046595t-office-2013-error-1920-a-000001.jpg

I have tried rebuilding the cache and I have tried setting the service to Automatic. When I tried to manually start it, I get this message:

https://i0.wp.com/www.winhelponline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/h2-13/bfe-error-1.png?resize=522%2C239&quality=100

I know that the service in the picture doesn't match the service I'm talking about but the error 1083 is the same. No one seems to have any answer on this. I don't know what would cause the service to delete itself in the first place.

Change the UAC (User Account Control) setting to 'never notify'  - Reboot and try again

What about this:

1.Start Run

2.Type- services.msc

3.Find- Windows Font Cache Service

4. Right Click on it and Select Properties

5.Change Start up Type to Automatic 

6. Click on Start [just below the startup option]

7.Click Ok

8.Start Microsoft Office 2013 Setup 

You first have to completely uninstall previous office , better use the , special from MS , uninstaller , reboot and search for remained office -rubbish .

Then you should succeed in installing newer version , if not ; your Win7 is corrupted...........

8 hours ago, vissha said:

@Knightmare Have you tried this? If not Pls try the below which would resolve most issues.

1. Reinstall Office 2010
  2. Uninstall using Revo or any better uninstaller
  3. Check for more traces/leftover files/registry entries
  4. Reboot
  5. Optionally use sfc /scannow and Windows AIO Repair at this step.
  6. Install Office 2013

Tried this with the same issue

5 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

Download and run this Office removal tool:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/5/505878EB-FFC4-4DF0-A526-B1165BFA6C35/o15-ctrremove.diagcab

Then reboot and try to install the Office version you want.

Same issue.

4 hours ago, Dodel said:

Change the UAC (User Account Control) setting to 'never notify'  - Reboot and try again

Same issue.

3 hours ago, B.F. said:

What about this:

1.Start Run

2.Type- services.msc

3.Find- Windows Font Cache Service

4. Right Click on it and Select Properties

5.Change Start up Type to Automatic 

6. Click on Start [just below the startup option]

7.Click Ok

8.Start Microsoft Office 2013 Setup 

I can't start the service. See my first post.

2 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

You first have to completely uninstall previous office , better use the , special from MS , uninstaller , reboot and search for remained office -rubbish .

Then you should succeed in installing newer version , if not ; your Win7 is corrupted...........

Oh good. Another corruption issue. <_<

14 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Tried this with the same issue

In that case, check your HDD/SSD. It may be failing. If tests results shows fine, then only option is reinstall OS. Also, this issue might be due to non-security office updates in the recent months as most are botched updates.

My suggestion: Best use alternate office suite like LibreOffice since you won't have much strange issues like this one. Also, LibreOffice is improving compatibility and similar features of MS Office.

20 minutes ago, vissha said:

In that case, check your HDD/SSD. It may be failing. If tests results shows fine, then only option is reinstall OS. Also, this issue might be due to non-security office updates in the recent months as most are botched updates.

My suggestion: Best use alternate office suite like LibreOffice since you won't have much strange issues like this one. Also, LibreOffice is improving compatibility and similar features of MS Office.

SSD and HDD are showing in good health on all SMART reports. I installed OpenOffice and Thunderbird for now.

4 hours ago, 0bin said:

Guess what happen on Installing Office 2016.

You mean you're getting the same issue on Office 2016? Glad to know it's not just me.

One last thing you can try:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator
  2. Launch regedit
  3. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FontCache
  4. Look for the dword entry called "Start" and set the value to 2 which will make it start automatically..
  5. Reboot for the changes to take effect.

Also check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE for the Base Filtering Engine service.

Sadly if it was already set to  2 then perhaps your windows is indeed busted. There might be a way out without reinstalling, you can try using wsus offline update tool to reinstall every update for windows 7 and hope that it fixes whatever is broken. I'm not even sure if there is a way to make wsus offline updater force reinstall updates that are already on the system but maybe it's worth a try.

it could be a corrupt incompatible ISO, have you tried installing 2016, not much of a difference between them

I've used the following to install office 2016 without a problem and includes 2013, a status checker and uninstaller

the download links are at the bottom of the post

3 hours ago, sefton22 said:

it could be a corrupt incompatible ISO, have you tried installing 2016, not much of a difference between them

I've used the following to install office 2016 without a problem and includes 2013, a status checker and uninstaller

the download links are at the bottom of the post

This worked perfectly! :D

At least I know now that it's not a corruption in my OS but probably some update that was released that caused this to happen. Thanks to everyone for their advice though! Hopefully Microsoft won't release anymore ridiculous updates. :rolleyes:

Archived