How to exclude files from scanning in Hitman Pro ?

Pete 12

Is it possible to exclude files from scanning by Hitman Pro ?

Hitman Pro has the nasty habbit for scanning some files , which I dont want to lose and Im sure they are safe and harmless , this happens after each scan . And have to ignore them .

A solution will be very welcome ...............!  :D

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" Very easy - make your choice, either HitmanPro or your files. "................sorry man, thats not an answer for my question , I know you can do better ..........:rolleyes:

It was joke, because I can't see there any kind of choices at all. The only choice is what I recommended. That's why I said so.

I have only this advantage that I will not use such a useless widgets as Hitman ... It's my choice.

Then how can you give an answer on my question if you dont even use the program............? :angry:

4 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Is it possible to exclude files from scanning by Hitman Pro ?

Just now, 0bin said:

I had same question with this program about whitelisting things detected by the program, but I relooked at the program, there is not whitelist option, everytime the program find again same things.

Maybe I don't know, was done by the dev by purpose this way.

It's been quite a while since I tried HitmanPro.

Navigate to Exploit Mitigation (it must be somewhere under Advanced Settings) >----> Applications >>----> you should see a separate vertical section (something like Exclusions) use the Browse function to point to your data.

I'm not sure whether HitmanPro allows you to exclude files and/or folder — reproducing all this from memory (don't even know if I remembered right.)

34 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

" Very easy - make your choice, either HitmanPro or your files. "................sorry man, thats not an answer for my question , I know you can do better ..........:rolleyes:

Wrong — he can't.

16 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Then how can you give an answer on my question if you dont even use the program............? :angry:

Simply Hitman Pro is fully portable and it is possible at any time to try if needed.
Yes, I have it, but I don't use because it is absolutely useless.

Yes Obin , I think you are right , have read ; Hitman Pro will not allow exclusion-list , because it will not be safe enough ..................(??)

I lost some software by scanning with it , and being too fast with "cleaning" after the scan. These were always safe and harmless exe-files from trusted software , which I had to reinstall after deleted by Hitman. Marking them as "safe" or " ignore " will not help, coz next scan you ran in same problem .

If you google it, you will be surprised to see how much people have problems with this behaviour of Hitman Pro, I do hope they will look in this forum and make some better choises for next version.................:idea:  ( the possibility for an exclusion-list !!)

" Navigate to Exploit Mitigation (it must be somewhere under Advanced Settings "......................WHERE do I find it ( Win10) ....??:rolleyes:

Does this " Exploit Mitigation "  excist in Win10 ?

Ok man, now I know why I could not find it !

I use Hitman Pro , not Hitman Pro.alert...............

btw, I contacted (mail) Hitman-support and explained the problem again, will wait for answer .:rolleyes:

Using Hitman Pro only for second opinion scanner , so dont need " alert " , coz , indeed lots of bugs with other security software !

Still I do want an exclusion-list in Hitman Pro , so will do my best to get this somehow .................:D !

( will let you all know how it goes....)

Still no working solution from the Hitman-support..............

When will they wake-up ??:(

Latest news ; they are on holydays , so we have to wait ( again ) ...............:( !

Archived