WTF happened to burning DVDs in Nero 7?

Guest TheReturnOfGir489

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went back to 7.0.1.4b, works fine for me.

The newest version of Nero 7 gave me some problems. Nero recode would not open. Apparently there's a few other things not working in the newest version, I went back to 7.0.1.4b before finding out :P

Guest TheReturnOfGir489
Yeah, go back to Nero6.6..... way less buggy. :frusty:

Doesn't support DVD-9. :frusty:

I went back to 7.0.1.4b, works fine for me.

The newest version of Nero 7 gave me some problems. Nero recode would not open. Apparently there's a few other things not working in the newest version, I went back to 7.0.1.4b before finding out :frusty:

Ah... Thank you. :P

I'm downloading it now. :frusty:

I can now finally burn the 4 DVDs I need to make for friends. :frusty:

EDIT: OK -- I can't do anything DVD-related. I get the problems you GOT from the newest, in 7.0.1.4. :frusty:

What the hell.

I'm sure Nero 6 supports DVD 9. You have to change the settings in the bottom right corner of Nero Burning Rom.

Recent update was v7.0.5.4

I have not encountered any difficulties after choosing what I wanted to install from the Nero update. It burns fine on my LiteOn-It 1693S @ 12x. Other burners such as my seconday Pioneer 110D works aswell also. I don't know the real fuss of why others are having trouble during data on there dvdr's. As suggested from the other members on this forum, switching back to version 6 is an alternative :|

Guest TheReturnOfGir489
I'm sure Nero 6 supports DVD 9. You have to change the settings in the bottom right corner of Nero Burning Rom.

I dare you to try and make Chapters, and see if your computer can still run.

I DARE YOU!

Recent update was v7.0.5.4

I have not encountered any difficulties after choosing what I wanted to install from the Nero update. It burns fine on my LiteOn-It 1693S @ 12x. Other burners such as my seconday Pioneer 110D works aswell also. I don't know the real fuss of why others are having trouble during data on there dvdr's. As suggested from the other members on this forum, switching back to version 6 is an alternative :|

Did you check under Video? Does it say "Make DVD-Video?"

If it does, then maybe my Nero just got phucked up.

I had bother with version7 and went back to version6....Same problems :)

NEC-3500 shows as having CD's in instead of DVD's when burning and quickly throws up an error and ejects. Have tried different media...Hit and miss really.

Think it's time for a new writer.... :lol:

It has options to switch between CD & DVD. Nero doesn't auto-detect.

If I've been burning DVD's all day and then need to burn some CD's I have to change it manually.

Do you already have the files you want to burn? Or do u still need Nero to create all the files for your vid?

Cause if you have the files you can make an ISO using UltraISO and burn it using ImgBurn which supports DVD-9.

Well I don't usually make DVD Videos out of my dvdr's I just burn the stuff directly on :/ As for the Make DVD Video, there is no Make DVD Video. There is Make VCD and SVCD but if you want to burn a DVD video then its the Burn DVD Video Files option under Nero Starsmart.

Screenshot

For the Auto Detect, it does work. You just have to set your recorder to whatever recorder you have on your computer system. I use Nero itself no Startsmart nor Express since its more simple and you have more areas to work with ^^ (Recorder -> Choose Image Recorder) If it is a DVD-Writer, it will select only DVD burning options. If none of those happen you may want to play around with the Preferences.

Archived