• Created
  • Last Reply
I Am Negan
3 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

LastPass ;)

Nopass. :D

straycat19
3 hours ago, Kerry4444 said:

I wonder what the difference between the two are. Which one is better?

http://keepass.info/

https://www.keepassx.org/

Basically they are similar, however KeepassX does not allow the use of plugins, uses linux libraries, and is twice the size of keepass.  It is also portable only and was last updated in SEP 2016.  Keepass is either portable or installable, lightweight and doesn't use linux libraries.  It also allows the use of plugins and was last updated JUN 2017.  Since keepassX will open Keepass 2 databases then the capabilities must be similar as far as encryption goes.  I stick with the original Keepass, it is updated often and is lightweight.  Keepass uses 3 DLLS and KeepassX uses 14 DLLS to do the same thing, applying the KISS principle the original Keepass is the one to use.

I Am Negan
9 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Basically they are similar, however KeepassX does not allow the use of plugins, uses linux libraries, and is twice the size of keepass.  It is also portable only and was last updated in SEP 2016.  Keepass is either portable or installable, lightweight and doesn't use linux libraries.  It also allows the use of plugins and was last updated JUN 2017.  Since keepassX will open Keepass 2 databases then the capabilities must be similar as far as encryption goes.  I stick with the original Keepass, it is updated often and is lightweight.  Keepass uses 3 DLLS and KeepassX uses 14 DLLS to do the same thing, applying the KISS principle the original Keepass is the one to use.

Thanks for the info. I think ill stick with my Keepass original.:)

What about KeepassXC?

• Administrator

Thread moved to Security and Privacy Center. Suits better here.

Archived