Which AV is easy on false-positives (game cracks etc)

rawyolks

Hello.

Could you please advise an antivirus that's easy on false positives?

I tried Panda and AVG and they both make trouble with game cracks (specifically steam_api64.dll and steamclient64.dll).

Or is there a good antivirus where would I be able to white list all files with given names (steam*).

Many thanks in advance!

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VIKTOR PAVEL
8 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

ESET #1

+1

after use many years : ESET numero uno!

ESET & Kaspersky. fewest false positives

+1 For eset

Using it from past 8 years.

And between ESET and Kaspersky, which one is easier to crack or trial-reset etc.?

Dr. Blythe™
5 minutes ago, rawyolks said:

And between ESET and Kaspersky, which one is easier to crack or trial-reset etc.?

Hmmmm. I'm not a fan of cracks & trial reset. Both ESET and Kasperksy activations can be easily found. Just search and you'll find it in no time.

8 minutes ago, rawyolks said:

both easy to crack but I prefer Kaspersky

here is more info about Kaspersky trial reset and keys

9 hours ago, psyko666 said:

ESET #1

Same AV that puts this website on the block list? lol sure

9 hours ago, rawyolks said:

Hello.

Could you please advise an antivirus that's easy on false positives?

I tried Panda and AVG and they both make trouble with game cracks (specifically steam_api64.dll and steamclient64.dll).

Or is there a good antivirus where would I be able to white list all files with given names (steam*).

Many thanks in advance!

MSE & WD.

Copy what psyko, Viktor, tomm, PriSim, 0bin and the Dr. said — ESET ships with one of the best exclusions (FWIW, cracks in every hue and color are available . . . . . for any AV, out here — no wonder this site is flagged.) ;)

14 hours ago, rawyolks said:

For eset there are alot of options ! Serials are available very easily :) no crack just change the serial and enjoy !

I have tried and tested every AV app out there and ESET is the one I use personally. Seriously hate AV apps like McAfee and Norton with annoying pop-ups and reminders.

VIKTOR PAVEL

ESET good points

- rare false positive

- regular auto update

- minimal disturbance (no annoying pop-ups)

- minimal memory use - v10 use less memory compare to v9/v8 and all other AV i test

ESET.png

and @PriSim said good point too is you can activate with serial - no crack or trial reset

@saeed_dc :

@dcs18 have right about why this site block by ESET

block depend on reports, dmca complains, wot,........

I use ESET and I trust it completely I dont know about eset anti-rootkit.  I would use ESET or Kaspersky.  Avast is ok they have the best anti-rootkit technology because gmer is built-into avast source code (gmer is one of the best anti-rootkit tools out there rootkits and bootkits for example the not petya is a bootkit if Im not mistaken).  The developer has made the claim that the new avast is better on resources because the scan is in the cloud there not as good as ESET they could get better.  My moms computer is using avast and I havent had any problems then again she doesnt go to dangerous websites and click on suspicious e-mails usually.

Archived