Mose Secure Client?

Samurai

Haven't use BT before, but looking to start now.

Thing is, alot of the forums I'm on all have horror stories on people getting caught and the vast majority are BT users.

I'm looking for a secure BT client, but there's too many to choose from?

Can anyone point me in the right direction please :mellow:

• Replies 24
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrrgghhh - Ya could have suggested one lol :D

I'm looking at BitComet :mellow: Looks nice

BTW - Nice article here

bitcomet is good, tho, i hear it's being banned by popular trackers because of some silly feature. stupid commie tracker admins, "i don't like that feature...banned" <_>

i prefer ABC myself :mellow:

*Thabest*

Peerid for bitcomet got it banned from PRIVATE trackers

but most are public, the torrents in Torrentspy.com are from

mostly public trackers, oh well I would recommend Bitcomet

also but if that doesn't work try bittornado.

*Thabest*

Some sites don't even allow it

with the peerid patch, I know

because I'm registered with one.

wrong, all the patch does is make the client return the name of a another client. so, they can't block it, without blocking other legitimate clients atleast :rofl:

KAA torrent site can detect the patch :rofl:

Dont know how though.. >_>

However, if one site can, most likely others can.

*Thabest*
wrong, all the patch does is make the client return the name of a another client. so, they can't block it, without blocking other legitimate clients atleast :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serius....My god, I'm registered with one and

it does not allow bitcomet, period. They're going to unban

it soon though cuz they figured out a way to do something

to the torrent, so it won't matter what the client does.

Anyway that doesn't matter cuz he just wants public trackers

I'm guessing and if so Torrentspy is you're place.

• Administrator

BUT... with the spoofing patch.... the tracker doesnt know :wacko:

Well so far I'm not enjoying it :)

It's not allowing me to download greater than what I'm uploading speed is set at, and when I put in "0" to tell the client there is no limit, I still get horrid speeds.

At this point, I'm downloading faster with eMule than I have with BT.

• Administrator

Wah! I generally max out my connection when using BT.

How many seeds/ leeches does the file your downloading have?

Forwarded the port on your router?

How many files?

Wah! I generally max out my connection when using BT.

How many seeds/ leeches does the file your downloading have?

Forwarded the port on your router?

How many files?

There were loads of seeders for the file... it was the latest episode of 24 which is, as you know highly popular.

Router is a Linksys and I have enabled DMZ in any case as Sygate is more than enough for my needs, and my modem/router was found to be blocking certain programs even though I set the ports correctly. Needless to say this isn't a problem :D

It was one file; 24.420.hdtv-lol.[bT]

What BT client do you use? I'm thinking of moving from BitComet to BitTornado :)

*Thabest*

You have to put you're upload speed

lower than download speed so the

speed can get high, remember with

BT you need to wait for a while and

then you'll get decent or high speeds.

So my download speeds are limted to the ratio? If that's the case I'm screwed because my upload is only 256k at the moment while my downloads are 2MB. I'm due to be upgrading to 4MB / 400k (Download/Upload) within the next 4 weeks but I'm not happy with having to contend with speeds reaching my maximum upload.

BitComet does have some info on their client saying that downloads are proportional to my uploads, or set my uploads as 0 for unlimited, which I did.

I still however can't reach speeds higher than what my upload is capable of, 25-32kB/sec.

• Administrator

I use Bitcomet.

Try a different file, generally certain files download quicker for some crazy reason!

Set your upload to ~25Kb/s and limit your download to like 220Kb/s. See what happens :)

• 3 weeks later...
Infinite_Vision

I use ABC because it simple to use and it is easy. Well, that and because Nsane said that he recommended it. I'm got good speed from it and it is reliable.

One question I have though Nsane and Lite:

How do I seed on ABC client? Sorry, this might be a dumb question but I try looking everywhere and I still couldn't figure it out. I went to the official site but it wasn't that helpful. My friend told me to use torrent maker instead of creating the torrent that built in ABC already. I did that, I wrote it out to a tracker but I can't seem to seed it. Any help on how I can seed in ABC. I can seed fine after I am done downloading from a torrent. I just want to seed. Thanks.

WTF do u have DMZ enabled? Thats just pointless.

Make sure u are forwarding ur ports and u should be ok. Since u got BitComet, you only need to open one port which makes it nice. And if your router supports UnPn, you can enable that for better compatability.

And I usually max out my internet while using bit torrent. As for emule, i get slower downloads. >_>

How do I seed on ABC client?  Sorry, this might be a dumb question but I try looking everywhere and I still couldn't figure it out.  I went to the official site but it wasn't that helpful.  My friend told me to use torrent maker instead of creating the torrent that built in ABC already.  I did that, I wrote it out to a tracker but I can't seem to seed it.  Any help on how I can seed in ABC.  I can seed fine after I am done downloading from a torrent.  I just want to seed. Thanks.

i assume you already have the announce URL, etc. set properly? ;)

if so, open the torrent as usuall, but, when the screen pops up asking where to save the files from the torrent, just pick the completed file on your HDD. it should then automaticly put the torrent in seed mode and your all set ;)

WTF do u have DMZ enabled? Thats just pointless.

Make sure u are forwarding ur ports and u should be ok. Since u got BitComet, you only need to open one port which makes it nice. And if your router supports UnPn, you can enable that for better compatability.

And I usually max out my internet while using bit torrent. As for emule, i get slower downloads. >_>

At the end of the day, I don't need the added security features in my modem / router as I stated before, Sygate is more than enough. The modem allows myself to have access to the Internet, as well as 2 other PC's in the house. Having DMZ enabled is no big thing, but what happens if I want to set a p2p client to randomize ports, for better security? I could set a range and set this in my modem as well, but it's not worth going through it.

If I didn't have a firewall on my system, then I'd be using the built-in security no doubt, but having 2 firewall's on my system, which, in effect, is what this boils down to is not really needed.

Archived