Wi-Fi Monitoring Software

PafoH

Hello guys,  Is there any software available for following usage of Wi-fi :

1> To see Which Device Connected & to watch their Down/Up-Load Speeds....

2> To see Which Device Connected & to watch their  Usage [Total Data Downloaded/Uploaded].....

Help Need :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on how much you want to spend, your level of competence, and whether you want to take the time to read and learn how to use the software.  WireShark is free software but it isn't for people without networking knowledge.  Here is a synopsis of what it is capable of doing.

Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:

Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
Live capture and offline analysis
Standard three-pane packet browser
Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
The most powerful display filters in the industry
Rich VoIP analysis
Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platform)
Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text

www.wireshark.org

• Administrator

Depends on the Wi-Fi router too. Many routers offer the ability to do this.

Yes, I know about WireShark..... I Also Installed once..... But next day I uninstall it..... You should know Why !!! :lol::lol:

Anyway Now I'm using Arcai.net's NetCut ...... But I'm concern about my privacy because It works only with internet connected and it opens a webpage -from where you can control Speed, users info e.t.c    

The webpage is www.arcai.com/netCut/s/    ..... Can anyone tell how this software works and Is there anything suspicious !!!

Thank you everyone for your helpful Response :):)

10 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Depends on the Wi-Fi router too. Many routers offer the ability to do this.

Yes I have D-link router , And it also shows something which I dont understand,, Like this :

Sketch (18).png

Can you Explain everything from here !!! Thanks .....

stylemessiah

Cheap second hand tp-link router and gargoyle firmware...

• Administrator
13 hours ago, PafoH said:

Yes I have D-link router , And it also shows something which I dont understand,, Like this :

Sketch (18).png

Can you Explain everything from here !!! Thanks .....

In really simple terms, RX - download, TX - upload. When it says RX pkt, it means the number of bytes it has received or downloaded, when it says TX pkt, the number of bytes it has uploaded. To convert bytes to megabytes, type - b to mb - in Google.

WAN stands for your internet - meaning, total amount of internet that has been used through your router. WLAN, as you might know, stands for wireless LAN, or WiFi. LAN1, LAN2 are the ports on the router to which you might have connected your computer to, but they should not show 0 in it. I'm actually not sure what e3 means here, probably due to some reason it might be showing your computer as e3 in it.

Now coming to individual devices, this is probably all the information you can get. I agree with the statement above, this company makes bad routers - had a few of them and even the software is bad, so you cannot expect much from them.

31 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I'm actually not sure what e3 means

Looks like E3 is the hardware version.
I have not a Dlink device, I like Cisco..^_^

http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dir615_revE/510/login.htm

jpNQUpu.png

Archived