How to play .TSV file in windows

someone there

someone there

I recently recorded some tv content in flash drive. it is playing smoothly using the device that recorded it, but when i try to play it in my computer it fails to play I noticed the extension is TSV . I search google to find suitable player but fail  to find any , I wonder if any one in  can help me finding a player or converter to be able to play this file .. thanks

• Replies 20
  • Views 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to play .TSV file in windows?

No way because TSV is a file extension for a tab-delimited file used with spreadsheet software. TSV stands for Tab Separated Values. TSV files are used for raw data and can be imported into and exported from spreadsheet software. TSV files are essentially text files, and the raw data can be viewed by text editors, though they are often used when moving raw data between spreadsheets.

You can open them wit text editor or for example with Exel.

14 minutes ago, Kalju said:

How to play .TSV file in windows?

No way because TSV is a file extension for a tab-delimited file used with spreadsheet software. TSV stands for Tab Separated Values. TSV files are used for raw data and can be imported into and exported from spreadsheet software. TSV files are essentially text files, and the raw data can be viewed by text editors, though they are often used when moving raw data between spreadsheets.

You can open them wit text editor or for example with Exel.

As far as I searched, some devices encrypt the files you record on TSV format.

3 hours ago, someone there said:

I recently recorded some tv content in flash drive. it is playing smoothly using the device that recorded it, but when i try to play it in my computer it fails to play I noticed the extension is TSV . I search google to find suitable player but fail  to find any , I wonder if any one in  can help me finding a player or converter to be able to play this file .. thanks

I don't know where everyone is searching but the first 12 hits I got all pertained to tsv video files.

TS is a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) data. The filename extensions of TS are .ts, .tsv, .tsa. TS can also be extended to M2TS and TOD. The TS files can be easily found from HD camcorders such as Panasonic, Cannon, Sony and more. It is a pity that TS files are not compatible with most of media players, portable devices and video editing tools. To freely enjoy TS files, we need to convert TS files to other more popular file formats.

The following article will provide a detailed guide on how to convert TS files to MP4/ MKV/DivX/WMV/ AVI/MPEG/FLV/VOB with one good TS Converter.

http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/ts-converter.html

someone there
7 hours ago, straycat19 said:

I don't know where everyone is searching but the first 12 hits I got all pertained to tsv video files.

TS is a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) data. The filename extensions of TS are .ts, .tsv, .tsa. TS can also be extended to M2TS and TOD. The TS files can be easily found from HD camcorders such as Panasonic, Cannon, Sony and more. It is a pity that TS files are not compatible with most of media players, portable devices and video editing tools. To freely enjoy TS files, we need to convert TS files to other more popular file formats.

The following article will provide a detailed guide on how to convert TS files to MP4/ MKV/DivX/WMV/ AVI/MPEG/FLV/VOB with one good TS Converter.

http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/ts-converter.html

Bigasoft Total Video Converter  failed to convert the .tsv file, I don't know if it is encrypted?

Thank you any way

someone there
2 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

what's the brand and type of the recorder used?

Digital DVB-C set-Top-Box

TC-5775LT

30 minutes ago, someone there said:

Digital DVB-C set-Top-Box

TC-5775LT

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everything I have found concerning encrypted files say you are limited to using your hardware to view them.  That is unless you can find the key that the device used to encrypt them and you can write a program using that key to decrypt them.

Here are some links that may provide some useful information for you.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/how-to-decrypt-ts-files.1125631/

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380202-how-to-decrypt-tsv-file-that-recorded-from-receiver

have you tried recording to PS file?

If I'm correct that's possible aswell but I don't know if that has any effect on encryption

someone there
56 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

have you tried recording to PS file?

If I'm correct that's possible aswell but I don't know if that has any effect on encryption

I have no option to choose the recorded file format.

2 hours ago, straycat19 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but everything I have found concerning encrypted files say you are limited to using your hardware to view them.  That is unless you can find the key that the device used to encrypt them and you can write a program using that key to decrypt them.

Here are some links that may provide some useful information for you.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/how-to-decrypt-ts-files.1125631/

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380202-how-to-decrypt-tsv-file-that-recorded-from-receiver

Now I am visiting the second link wish me luck

someone there

I found the solution is to play the file from the receiver through  my pc attached tv card and record it and then save it to my pc :lol:

Thanks to every body who participate.:cheers:

3 minutes ago, someone there said:

@Skunk1966

HDTVtoMPEG2  doesn't recognize the extension .TSV

damn! I'll check with a friend of mine tomorrow; he specializes in stuff like this. I'll report when I know more tomorrow

someone there
12 hours ago, Kafir said:

Convert TS to MP4 - Convert your file now - online and free - this page also contains information on the TS and MP4 file extensions.

I am having problem uploading file due to slow connection and limited band width. and the file is more than 1 G.

Thank you any way.

this is something worth trying:

Hi, I have been battling with .TSV files for a long time and have a 'work around'. Once the file is on my computer I edit the file name extension, changing it from .TSV to .TS. Then I have found that I could play them with Windows Media Player on versions of Windows up to Windows 7 (never tried Windows 8 ) after I have installed a codec pack.

Now that I have Windows 10, Windows Media Player is not supported. So, I have found that most video converter programs will handle my .TS files (created from .TSV as described above) fine. I have used Freemake Video Converter and Video to Video Converter (both free) to change them to other formats such as MPEG2 or mp4. If you click the Edit button on Freemake Video Converter, you can not only edit the video, or just watch it.

source:https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=115957

Archived