(Solved) Chrome Virus

Loboron

Every time I open Chrome I get this notice and I can't find a way to delete/remove it...  any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

I've UN-installed and reinstalled Chrome several times.. Ran security scans etc.  Only shows when I open Chrome or switch to other sites in Chrome

Thanks....  Ron

Google virus.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly remove the UN forever and clean your computer, also registry entries and user data. 
If this problem continues, remove Chrome User Data and search program that tries to open a given website and extension.

Thank fr

9 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Firstly remove the UN forever and clean your computer, also registry entries and user data. 
If this problem continues, remove Chrome User Data and search program that tries to open a given website and extension.

Thank you for the reply....  I'll try and let you know

Ron

5 minutes ago, 0bin said:

From what I red, two things:

1) The ESET is blocking that, because is a browser redirection to HiRu that look like an alternative browser homepage;

2) As example look here, that 0_4.crx is the cause, https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/extension_0_4.crx-4e05bfb464069179de6b149537ef49650da052d7.aspx

Reset your browser, and pass something like Zemana or HitmanPro.

I've reset the Browser several times..   I'll run the program     Ron

I've run Hitman Pro twice and no help... I'll look for Zemana free

Ron

Very simple. Uninstall chrome; delete the whole chrome profile folder. The normal location of your profile: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

After that, re-install chrome. You'll be good.

28 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

Very simple. Uninstall chrome; delete the whole chrome profile folder. The normal location of your profile: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

After that, re-install chrome. You'll be good.

Did as you said, deleted all Google data, file folder, etc.  installed Google and the first thing to pop-up was the Threat again

34 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Post a screen if Zemana detect something in browser hijack

Had to wait for app. to update and now scanning

34 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Post a screen if Zemana detect something in browser hijack

Had to wait for app. to update and now scanning

5 minutes ago, Loboron said:

Did as you said, deleted all Google data, file folder, etc.  installed Google and the first thing to pop-up was the Threat again

Could you do one more thing?

Uninstall Chrome, delete the extensions folder: C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

then re-install and see how it goes.

Success!!!   Obin's last suggestion did the trick.... virus all gone....

Thank you all for your help and patience...  finally back to normal.

Greatly appreciated....

Ron

28 minutes ago, Loboron said:

Success!!!   .... virus all gone....

Thank you all for your help and patience...  finally back to normal.

It all comes back again as soon as someone or some of browsers will trying to install this extension again.

But glad to hear that everything is OK. I have to go now retired, is time.

3 hours ago, Kalju said:

It all comes back again as soon as someone or some of browsers will trying to install this extension again.

@Loboron Use something like Shadow Defender, I fire up SD everytime before going online. Make sure to configure the "File Exclusion List" options so downloads wont be lost. Regards

Archived