GDATA Notebook Security Question

HX1

I am usually pretty good at this. I worked it out for myself with ESS.. without help.. I have put together quite a few things in the past.. BUT Here I am baffled confused and otherwise about to overheat and explode into bouncing pieces of lava....

I installed UIS GDATA Notebook Security yesterday, my internet was working fine, and then all of a sudden dropped connection. I have been unable to get it working properly using several methods and even resetting the rules..using the wizard to allow domain traffic. This is going to be one of those things where I need someone who knows a little about DNS and ICMP..I think .. maybe.. anyway..

I need help to get this working...I actually have altered the settings to where I can now hit my router, where I could not before. When I try to load a page in any browser or reach any online resource.. The browser will set there and say it is 'resolving host' or looking up 'insert site here'...I turn it off and here I am..

EDIT: I wanted to add that I usually get 'pings' at regular intervals from my router and my DNS server, I sometimes am also connected wirelessly and through LAN to the same network..( Pointless but I do anyway.. LOL )

EDIT2: I would also like to add that PG2 has quit working correctly. It is unable to process a list after it downloads..

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gud u decided to make a new topic bout GDATA,and the problems ur facing.I almost suggested this.. ^_^

Well one thing is for sure...If I ever think I am being attacked.. I know what to turn on..no joke..bu this is getting to be a .. "I think its over between us GDATA" thread...I may come running right back to ESS4..I miss it already. I found an article about GDATA, and the only reason it is at the top, is because it uses BitDefender, and another engine started with an A.. not for sure which of the three or four.. and high percentages on detecting malware without definitions, even after a month..In my first opinion reading it.. I was like.. okay so its just not in the same class as the others.. It uses two it cheats..

The Forums for this products.. are BAAAARRRRREEE.. nothing not one relatively decent post about anything and no help.. There are issues .. major ones.. I dunno I hope I can get some input though because I would really like to see if it really is what its supposed to be..

EDIT2: You know I don't think a new conglomerate, of other programs for protection that has taken me OVER 12 hours to initiate is worth my money or my time to be honest..I have decided to remove it.. and I will not be recommending it or using the program in the future.. Maybe I'll wait until they have about 14 years of experience in software creation, and they write their own engine.. to give it a try.. Right now I give it thumbs down..

EDIT3: I would also like to mention that since the install I have a constant polling to my IP from NEC BIGLOBE Ltd. supposedly a huge ISP.. and it is accompanied by several "Anti-P2P" entries..several more that have odd names...all going for port 6114...and I have nothing running except my Browser and GDATA..

You know I was thinking I seen a post about Notebook security versions not being for trial.. I was using the trial reset..I might have had better luck with the Firewall problem if I installed Total Care instead.. I believe what I had set off alarms because of the proxy.exe that runs with the setup. Using a Trial Registration allowed me to run the program but also solicited a ton of unwanted traffic to one port..with invalid trial registry for a full registration program.. after uninstall its gone.. a lot of it was caught by PG2..

BUT I still found it odd that they use two other AV's engines to accomplish their goal. Still not as smooth as ESS.. Also picked up false positives.. more so than ESS..Great options, very detailed .. that I do like...Boot Disc was nice, the safe was a nice add-on along with all of the registry cleaning..a lot of good tools in one place.. just needs some work, small things..and I don't mean because of the firewall issue either..

To clarify myself and quote from my previous post..

Archived