Forum Staff Bug!!!

Skylar

Hi everyone!

There is a big nasty bug in this forum: staff moderator  Batu69 is deleting members comments he don't like without any notice, warning or report!

staff moderator Batu69 posted this bullshit:

i commented twice and he deleted my reply twice!!!

i wasn't arguing or debating about politics. i only told him to close his crap!

here is what was deleted:

BATU_POLITICS_1.png

BATU_POLITICS_2.png

BATU_POLITICS_3.png

is this euphoria of powers or what? why staff mod permit to himself to delete my replies and keep his bullshit?

Where are admins? are they gonna allow to this guy to do what he want?

Please support guys and gals. this could happen to you sooner or later!

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know i'm new here but i have been around as an observer for quite a long time. Even though there seems to be grounds for your complaint,  I think it would be best to settle stuff like this with the Admins rather then going public. Im behind you mate

From when a newbie can force a member of staff not to delete something or to do whatever else....???:duh:

Yes, many are aware and its already reported for more than a year with IPB 4.x.x.x never provide notifications for changes/removal-del/comments from mods or staff after their action.

However, Admins never fixed it and @DKT27 blamed on IPB or @shought/@Lite were busy and when they fins time, they'll do it.

The IPB v3.x.x.x is much better compared to $h*tty 4.x.x.x.

Members were in heaven with the old version. Now in Hell of nsane. This is reality of nsane. Lets be here or leave. I thought of leaving but stayed to see the bug fixing progress. However, it seems they only fix downtime issues and moderating. No bug fixing happened for months and no announcement.

@Ramen You are wrong. Many forum bug issues already reported public and no action taken but admin provided only temp workaround. Also, this issue isn't reported first time here. Already reported on many occasions by many nsaners. @Skylar's reporting in public is good for us and nsaners have the right to educate what is happening here - freedom of speech. However, I'm not specific about @Batu69. I'm only against no notification after moderation/deletion/thread/post merge or move or new thread created.......

5 minutes ago, vissha said:

The IPB v3.x.x.x is much better compared to $h*tty 4.x.x.x.

Always I like the " experts " in whatever. :rofl:

But there isn't any technical workaround here : only a matter of volition : to do or not to do something......

knowledge-Spammer

i see both sides i support  both sides  but have to like this post not to make problems but  everything is russians hacked  people never can show how russian hacked it ? think 1st and then rethink again

i am sure @DKT27  will fix this problems u have ?

Yes ive noticed a few problems in the forum already, looks like i have my first friend?? 

Snap2.png

19 minutes ago, vissha said:

@Ramen You are wrong. Many forum bug issues already reported public and no action taken but admin provided only temp workaround. Also, this issue isn't reported first time here. Already reported on many occasions by many nsaners.

Bug issues ? :dunno:   i was talking about  Skylar 's problem with Batu69.

11 minutes ago, knowledge said:

i see both sides i support  both sides  but have to like this post not to make problems but  everything is russians hacked  people never can show how russian hacked it ? think 1st and then rethink again

i am sure @DKT27  will fix this problems u have ?

So simple :

1. @Batu69 found an article and he posted it here.
  2. People have the freedom to comment it but not to break the guidelines.....
  3. @Batu69 has not written it.
  4. Also people can judge with their own minds the credibility of the journalists that wrote the article according with the content and their own opinions / knowledges.
  5. @Batu69 is not a journalist and it is not mandatory to have at least 3 sources like CNN, BBC, MSNBC, FOX, . Nor even them have at least 3 sources all the time....

@DKT27   can do nothing regarding that : this option has been removed by IPS and it will remain thus until / if they will bring it back again....

knowledge-Spammer
2 minutes ago, Ramen said:

Yes ive noticed a few problems in the forum already, looks like i have my first friend?? 

Snap2.png

is no friend   sorry but u understand y  with the comments u make

lets stay on topic and not post about me thanks  we both know who u are i not have time to fight u  all day  u can remove my follower if like we both understand  who is who now dont we but wait u have more to post i am sure sorry but i have no time for this

Thanks guys for the input. i have to reply to some comments though:

5 hours ago, Recruit said:

From when a newbie can force a member of staff not to delete something or to do whatever else....???:duh:

Are you saying ONLY VIP's and vets can?! :duh:

5 hours ago, Recruit said:

1. @Batu69 found an article and he posted it here.
  3. @Batu69 has not written it.
  4. Also people can judge with their own minds the credibility of the journalists that wrote the article according with the content and their own opinions / knowledges.
  5. @Batu69 is not a journalist and it is not mandatory to have at least 3 sources like CNN, BBC, MSNBC, FOX, . Nor even them have at least 3 sources all the time....

@DKT27   can do nothing regarding that : this option has been removed by IPS and it will remain thus until / if they will bring it back again....

1. .....found an article and he posted it here.

Not everything we find on the web is eligible for posting here especially this kind of propaganda!

Damn right! That's what i did. i didn't broke any rule!

3. ......has not written it.

Not written the articles isn't a good finding. By posting an article in an international forum, the poster automatically take a percentage of responsibility when it comes to political grounds

it is not a simple informative article about science, technology or whatever. it's a controversial political article! ( which i remind you is not allowed here. by a staff mod even more!)

4. Also people can judge with their own minds the credibility.......

True!

5. is not a journalist and it is not mandatory to have at least 3 sources like CNN, BBC, MSNBC, FOX, .

Who talked about sources? it's not because you have a good source your article is eligible for posting in an open international forum gathering many nationalities

i noticed many times in many articles Russians are described as evils!!! Pure propaganda!!! This article belongs to the same category.

in facts, i'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. i'm only surprised a staff mod can delete your comments simply because he don't like it and he has the privilege to do it, not because you broke some rules!

if only the staff mod has sent me pm explaining why he deleted my post, maybe i would be convinced he is not misusing his "powers", but he didn't! He deleted my post twice without any explanation!

i think it's not fair nor reasonable! (even for newbies like me!)

6 hours ago, knowledge said:

... but  everything is russians hacked  people never can show how russian hacked it? 

In jest:

Well, if people could show how Russians hack, they would be better hackers than Russians. They don't believe they are better, so they keep saying Russians hacked this or that and all.

Russians are coming ... Russians are coming ... Russians are coming ...  keep on saying.  And no one will believe when Russians really come.  ;)

;)  Hey who gets free publicity?  The Russians.  Smart them Russies.  ;)

• Administrator

Not sure why everyone is getting offended without knowing things.

The posts were hidden - not deleted, for the admins to decide to allow to them or not.

These Guidelines specifically mention it:

The staff are here to ensure the site can be enjoyed by everyone. All staff here are volunteers, please keep this in mind before placing unnecessary pressures upon them. They expect to be treated with same respect as every other member of the community.

The staff are here to ensure that the forums stays as neat and as tidy as possible. Posts may be edited, moved, split, locked, hidden or even deleted if deemed necessary. They will not tolerate abuse of any kind whatsoever.

The problem is, when you start attacking a staff for doing it's work - either posting news or taking moderating action. It's quite visible from your posts that you were abusing the staff, something which will not be allowed.

As Batu69 did not write the news, it's not responsibility to cross check each and everything mention in it. It's Batu69's responsibility to make sure the news comes from a trustable source and has credibility to it, which it does.

Those unhappy that we are doing anything related to any particular country, let me tell you that one, the staff tries to be as politically neutral as possible, two, we have staff from all parts of the world having all different types of believes and three, I personally have many friends in the country you are referring to and also friends in it's rival countries, so preferism against the country you are mentioning is the very last thing we will do.

Those unhappy that any certain country is being targeted, I have always believed that news, when concerning to issues related to technology - like that article is, should be posted without any prejudice and censorship. Infact, ask yourself, by abusing the staff for posting it, were you not trying to censor it.

To add to that, see this thread, now, tomorrow, a respected Japanese individual will come to us and they will tell us by abusing that not to post anything against Japanese people, just because it's offended them that some civilian of their country, which does not represent the whole country, is trying to cause harm to someone else cyber-security. Would we be allowing that too. By that logic, Batu69 should never post even these threads or even this thread as it will offend someone from the same country. Or, if a person posting this news belonging to the same country as the article mentions, would he be insulting his own country by posting it.

If you think that Batu69 has targeting any country, why would he be posting this and this. I really think that you are jumping onto conclusions without understanding things. News poster's work is not to judge, but provide news.

Coming back to the main issue, hiding of post. I'm sure, as you were abusing, it would have been hidden, even if would have abused someone else other than the staff. No one gets away from abusing like this.

Still, the posts were hidden for me to look into them - I was even notified by Batu69 to decide on them. But you had no patience to wait for me to decide on them, you just went ahead with your prejudice that we as a staff strongly hold a particular view against any country or a race or a belief, which is far from the truth. Frankly, if you would have contacted me via PM, I would have happily removed the abusing parts and allowed your post, but your choice of doing so in public leaves no chance for anything else.

Again, we have nothing directly against any country, race or religion. Posting news is Batu69's responsibility and he is doing so.

For that, I have decided not to do anything further with your posts.

If anyone has any issues with any staff, they should be sent to the admins via PM:

Any comments and queries about any of the information above should be sent via PM to an administrator from the staff and they will be more than happy to respond.

Thread closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived