How to be a Good Forum Moderator

tao

< Please, only if interested, read it here >

Excerpts:

"... If you delete a comment make sure it deserves it. Deleting anything looks extreme, will feel invasive to the writer, and makes it look like they wrote something awful..."

From the Section "Taking Part in the Forum":

-- Don’t let it get personal.

-- It also stops that moderator feeling too attacked; it’s very easy to get caught up and overreact to criticism or disrespect.

-- Moderators are people too. Moderators get to involve themselves in the forum along with everyone else. You shouldn’t have to give that up just because you got given some authority -- But make your official posts and your ordinary posts very distinct.

:flowers:

• Replies 4
  • Views 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer

i was talking about Moderators  last night with admins   as now cc is a way i am sure bad comments will happen

• Administrator

Appreciate it.

There are many ways to moderate. Some good, some not so good. We all are humans. The right way to moderate comes from experience and takes time. We try our best not to offend any members but at the same time we have to enact the Guidelines whenever they are required to do so.

15 hours ago, knowledge said:

i am sure bad comments will happen

who cares? Do, say etc. whatever you think it is right for you, if others don't like it it is not your problem

11 hours ago, DKT27 said:

... We try our best not to offend any members

but at the same time we have to enact the Guidelines whenever they are required to do so.

Please don't forget self also. 

As some one has put it: Forgive yourself, accept yourself, and be good to yourself.

[Note: so easy to utter, yet it takes a lifetime of practice...  But it's worth the effort:flowers:]

No comment about guidelines.  :lol:  (There are guidelines in Tomes, but look what's happening...  :()

Archived