Workplace Shooting near Orlando: Five Dead

tao

Five people were killed in a shooting at Fiamma, a business on North Forsyth Road near Hanging Moss Road near Orlando, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office reported this morning, calling it a “tragic incident.”

The shooter — a former “disgruntled employee” who was fired in April — then killed himself, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said. The shooter had previously been accused of battering a fellow employee.

Four people were dead at the scene, and another victim died at the hospital, Demings said.

The shooting appears to have nothing to do with terrorism.

The shooting happened in multiple locations at the business, Demings said. The surviving witnesses are being interviewed. It is unclear how the shooter, who has not been identified, got into the building. There were about 12 employees inside the building at the time of the shooting.

“The situation here appears to be very different from the situation at Pulse,” Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs said. She commended the Sheriff’s Office for its quick action.

Shelley Adams said her sister works at Fiamma, a business that makes awnings for campers. She said her sister was in the bathroom when she heard shots.

"She came out and saw a man on the floor," she said.

Adams said her sister is OK and was taken to a nearby fire department training facility. "God had his hand on her," she said.

The Orange County Fire and Rescue Training and Command Simulation Academy is about a half-mile away. An employee there would only say, “We’ve had some things going on here today.”

Adams was at a loss of words as to why someone would shoot up a business.

"How do you take people's lives?" Adams said. "That's shocking."

“Over the past year, the Orlando community has been challenged like never before. I have been briefed by our law enforcement officials on this tragic incident and Ann and I are praying for the families who lost loved ones today,” Gov. Rick Scott said in a statement. “I ask all Floridians to pray for the families impacted by this senseless act of violence. I will remain in contact with the Orlando law enforcement community throughout the day as more information is made available.”

Forsyth Road has been shut down between University and State Road 50, according to the Florida Department of Transportation. The crime scene is in a business in an industrial park area, and deputies appeared to be focused on one particular building.

Some Orange County Fire and Rescue units were seen leaving the scene, but more than a dozen police vehicles remained. A deputy was also seen taking a police dog past cars in the parking lot to investigate them.

The FBI joint terrorism task force has an official on the scene of the shooting.

“We are thinking of and praying for all affected," the Orlando Police Department tweeted.

Monday’s shooting comes as the anniversary of the Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando is just one week from today. It was the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history with 49 people killed by a gunman in the early morning hours of June 12.

< Here >

• Replies 36
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No religion involved? damn it I'm insulted. so funny nobody comments here, if it was a muslim everybody would comment crazy shit here but now? nobody^^ lmao :D 

It dont matter if  no one  commented here or not  or if this site even existed , It still would not change the fact that sites with millions of people on them  will still state there opinion .Every time something happens in the world  be it religious or political  people state there opinion right down to leaders of countries to the conman laymen . Ether there  opinion is right or wrong . But i have seen post here that be as fake as crap and  people will be going on and on about it and want even be true . So sometimes it  pays to not say something. But most likely thats when they would and something we know too be true like this they don't care .Because you never know when some crazy person is going to snap and kill someone because they have mental problems or on drugs .It happens everyday..

2 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

... if it was a muslim everybody would comment crazy [.] here but now?  :D 

Sadly, your observational point is a fact.  Unfortunately.  :(

The ground is colored with the same color -- red.  And

The sorrow of the brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, and children will

Last their lifetime. (But

this thread may not be closed so very quickly, perhaps!)

Why not let the so-called unity of

This forum include some

Diversity, and some

Disunity also? (No thread

lasts forever!)

Thanks. Regards.  Love.   :flowers:

Most people come here to download software read about tech.etc. , If i wanted too hear about killings all the time i would go over too YouTube and watch the news.

Just because no one here cares  dont mean there  are not people who care  .. Go here were there is 500 comments  and people will be glad to talk to you about it but if you act ignorant they will vote you down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/6fe1hs/orlando_workplace_fatalities_reported/

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Most people come here to download software read about tech.etc. , If i wanted too hear about killings all the time i would go over too YouTube and watch the news.

Just because no one here cares  dont mean there  are not people who care  .. Go here were there is 500 comments  and people will be glad to talk to you about it but if you act ignorant they will vote you down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/6fe1hs/orlando_workplace_fatalities_reported/

Thing is, we cannot stop the news as long as the member's or the news intentions are not politically motivated.

Having said, the members need to respect the Guidelines of the forums.

12 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Thing is, we cannot stop the news as long as the member's or the news intentions are not politically motivated.

Having said, the members need to respect the Guidelines of the forums.

The problem with this like was said no one here cares unless it's a topic about politically motivated or religiously invoked This topic dont have nothing to do with ether.. What was the 1 comment someone bringing up  religion? People get killed and shot in the USA  everyday and it dont have nothing too do with ether . They go postal  and  a topic should not be twisted around to about something it's not.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, steven36 said:

The problem with this like was said no one here cares unless it's a topic about politically motivated or religiously invoked This topic dont have nothing to do with ether what was the 1 comment someone bringing up  religion.

Good point. There was no need to bring religion in here.

Still, I must mention, a lot of member's main source of news is nsane.forums, so, we cannot stop members from posting news as long as they are done so with non-motivated intentions here.

2 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Good point. There was no need to bring religion in here.

Still, I must mention, a lot of member's main source of news is nsane.forums, so, we cannot stop members from posting news as long as they are done so with non-motivated intentions here.

A lot of times I read about something here 1st but i strat checking it out too see if it's true are not .  The news post dont start augments  the members do .

a lot of member's main source of news is nsane.forums

lmfao, why do you say this? This is a crack site, dont try to make it something it is not.
If nsane really is a members or visitors main source for news, then they need an ID 10 T tag hung from their neck.
anyways believe what you will.

• Administrator

I mistyped earlier. A lot of visitor's main source of news is nsane.forums.

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

Most people come here to download software read about tech.etc....

Well and good. No problem. 

What is "General News: News from around the world, on general topics. for?

6 minutes ago, adi said:

Well and good. No problem. 

What is "General News: News from around the world, on general topics. for?

You posted it in the right place and  it it's a true story so no worries. Just that was my opinion I only speak for myself.. I don't come here read about killings, but maybe some of you do?

• Administrator

I must mention, thanks to some members not behaving themselves, there was a strong consideration from the staff to remove this particular news sub-forum from nsane.forums and replace it with some other news forum, but then it was finally decided against doing so.

So yes, please behave, do not make us reconsider our decision here.

1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

Good point. There was no need to bring religion in here....

When threads about "religious terror acts" are allowed to continue so long before they are closed, there is nothing wrong with the post in question.  Nipping all threads with the first mention of religion is the appropriate solution.

"There was no need..." is a judgmental statement.  Who is allowed to make judgmental statements and who is not?  Let's not forget the saying: What is good for the goose is good for the gander; and also: Let him who have not sinned throw the first stone.   ;)

We are all humans here -- not "angels."    Cheers!    :drunk:

16 minutes ago, steven36 said:

You posted it in the right place and  it it's a true story so no worries. Just that was my opinion I only speak for myself.. I don't come here read about killings, but maybe some of you do?

Of course, most of the time most people post in the right place.  And I was not worrying about my posting.  I was asking what is the purpose of "general news?"

Hi friend, please skip reading about whatever you don't wish to read; isn't this what everyone does in every forum.  What, then, is the problem?  A problem only becomes so if we make it so.  Live and let live!  :flowers:Cheers!

This not the only forum like this ,  The forum I belong before that i came here because I heard of here from there would of never allowed  a News post like these to began with , Every forum have it's own rules. You better be glad it was DKT27 and not one the other admins here  because they would told you too hit the road and join another forum if you don't like the rules here.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, steven36 said:

This not the only forum like this ,  The forum I belong before that i came here because I heard of here from there would of never allowed  a News post like these to began with , Every forum have it's own rules. You better be glad it was DKT27 and not one the other admins here  because they would told you too hit the road and join another forum if you don't like the rules here.

Typical Lite. :P

Or was it shought, or was it me. I do not know man, I really like news, so I would not do that. :P

29 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I must mention, thanks to some members not behaving themselves, there was a strong consideration from the staff to remove this particular news sub-forum from nsane.forums and replace it with some other news forum, but then it was finally decided against doing so.

So yes, please behave, do not make us reconsider our decision here.

Hi friend, please respect and live by your decision.  Who is misbehaving?  What is this misbehavior?  Please be clear.

And please don't say, "do not make us..."  Please, it doesn't sound so good.  ;)

Let's relax, enjoy, its' a nice forum as is!  ^_^

16 minutes ago, steven36 said:

You better be glad it was DKT27 and not one the other admins here  because they would told you too hit the road ...

"This is a good forum and we all must respect the rules here and abide by them" is a much better way of saying this, imo.

But no complaints, mate; as I like your style as much as mine.  Cheers! 

8 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

...  I really like news, so I would not do that. :P

Thanks, mate.  Love'ya!  ^_^

46 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Typical Lite. :P

Or was it shought, or was it me. I do not know man, I really like news, so I would not do that. :P

Yup!  I miss Lite! :lol:

10 hours ago, steven36 said:

nobody even was talking about you. you jump in and think that everybody talk about you. it's ridiculous 

55 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

nobody even was talking about you. you jump in and think that everybody talk about you. it's ridiculous 

lmao

16 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

No religion involved? damn it I'm insulted. so funny nobody comments here, if it was a muslim everybody would comment crazy shit here but now? nobody^^ lmao :D 

Sad ain't it that most do not say word about the daily Mass killings in the USA .... AND ONLY GET OUTRAGRD WHEN A RELIGOIUS  ZEALOT DOES IT. Not  that it is not wrong to be outraged when a terror attack ocours.... BUTit is wrong to gloss over and ignore the daily violence that is happening

57 minutes ago, dMog said:

Sad ain't it that most do not say word about the daily Mass killings in the USA .... AND ONLY GET OUTRAGRD WHEN A RELIGOIUS  ZEALOT DOES IT. Not  that it is not wrong to be outraged when a terror attack ocours.... BUTit is wrong to gloss over and ignore the daily violence that is happening

It's not like you can do anything  about it only the politicians can ..It's like those idiots  over on reddit that holler gun control. If someone snaps they don't need a gun even they will pick up a rock and smash you're  head in .  You think after 240 Years of blood shed that some options   on the Internet is going change the way people are? 

The USA own government killed   people  for not waiting too fight in the Civil war in  the 1800s in New York.  What do you want the Government  too  do  make a state of martial law like  before and kill there own people again?

New York City draft riots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

Every time the Government has got involved there answer  is fight fire with fire witch just cause more killings . There is very dangerous gangs and groups of people all across the USA  that  are in internal war over different things . It just the way it is . At lest on the outside we can chose were to live away from the mess but if you get put in Jail  there is no escape we you will have jtoo oin a gang for protection. 

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived