Program to merge two rar parts into one file

pedro22

What program to use to merge two rar parts into one file - I tried Total Commander and yes it merges two files - only that there are 3199 original files and after merging 1726 - the same program Dividing and merging files. I noticed that after merging two files the size is correct. :o

• Replies 13
  • Views 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pedro22

If you have a xyz.part1.rar and a xyz.part2.rar you don't have to merge them. Just open part1 with winrar and the tool finds the rest

15 hours ago, pedro22 said:

What program to use to merge two rar parts into one file - I tried Total Commander and yes it merges two files - only that there are 3199 original files and after merging 1726 - the same program Dividing and merging files. I noticed that after merging two files the size is correct. :o

Why not to use WinRAR, if they are two rar file part.

I am seeking a way to merge these two files into one file without unpacking and repacking as a single file.

All of the programs mentioned above merge these files, but as I wrote in the first post, "size after merge is correct, but number of files does not" - these are archives max compressed

I'm looking for such a method because I have not found a program that will allow me to browse files in such an archive -

25 minutes ago, pedro22 said:

I am seeking a way to merge these two files into one file without unpacking and repacking as a single file.

could you explain the sense of a action like this?

segmented rar files are not like txt files that you can easy append to the other...

That is why a decompression and compression to 1 unified rar is needed...

he probably thought it could be done with a dos copy or append command with binary ...

but that is not the case 

since each segment has its own header which determines if a segment is corrupt or not

24 minutes ago, Togijak said:

could you explain the sense of a action like this?

Because these rar files in parts I did not create - I know that it would be best to extract these files and re-pack them as one file. Then I would not have to look for it:

If your google search has failed to give you an app that has this capability ... then you are S.O.L.

then you are SOL

most apps like comic readers don't have multi-segment archive support

(as these unarchive the hole rar before viewing them)

you can see traes of theunarchiving in the temp folder..

fnsfernando

Using WinRAR;
Select the first file, "example.part1.rar", and convert to a file "example.rar", will merge all parts of rar files.
Right mouse button -> convert file ....

Without parts;
Open rar files, select files and drag to any open rar file....

Archived