USB Safely Remove 6.0.8

jalaffa

USB Safely Remove is a USB device manager. It saves time and extends user abilities on active work with flash drives, portable drives, card readers and other gadgets. The main disadvantage of using the built-in Windows safe removal tool is that in case of having several hot-plug devices it is quite difficult to recognize a device that needs to be stopped. Most devices have the same name: "USB mass storage device". In addition, Windows does not let you hide a device you would not want to stop from the menu. USB Safely Remove saves you from these problems and offers an original and multifunctional stopping menu, which displays actual device names with icons. Using this menu you can find and stop a device in a snap!

Thanks to SalaR for the update.

Download

• Replies 14
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.paf Portable Online Installer: 2.50 Mb
Note:
it is also setup extractor if found in its folder/directory

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/7082175/USBSafelyRemove_Portable_6.x.x_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

3 hours ago, jvidal said:

which is better? this or Zentimo?

They're almost identical and they're made by the same author!

hope answer your questions

:)

2017-06-05_041049.png

I was wondering if any Win10 users have experienced the inability to safely disconnect any USB device, especially external HDD's.. This had plagued Win 10 from day one and they never were able to give a 100% working fix. However,,

1. I have not updated Win10 since the Anniversary update last October, as it killed Win10 for me (thank heavens for backup images), so maybe things are better now.

2. Whether anyone has found an effective way to do this, is unknown to me at present..

I have found how to get around this easily - actually I found it out about a week after it began happening, which was virtually the very first time I plugged in an external HDD.. Unfortunately if I used USB Safely Remove back then it became part of the problem. I keep an eye on this app from time to time and even download it a few times, but I know I can never really use it. I live in hopes as it's a "convenient" app, although not really "needed"...

InsaneAl

yes, with win10 is extremely difficult to remove external HDDs, you have to try several times (but, it doesn't happen every single time. sometimes, you can in the first try)

7 hours ago, jvidal said:

yes, with win10 is extremely difficult to remove external HDDs, you have to try several times (but, it doesn't happen every single time. sometimes, you can in the first try)

I have TaskManager always running on the desktop 100% of the time and also use Total Commander to do just about all of the file operations of any sort,, certainly for looking at USB plug in external HDD's. The normal error message will pop up every time if I just right click on the tray icon for USB drives and tell to eject. To get around this, I have to first close TaskManager and the Total Commander (I might have several TC's running at any one time) accessing the external device, and it will disconnect without incident every time.. I tried to use my favourite "USB Safely Remove" but this itself was one of the causes of the error message popup, so out it went. I tried a few different versions but got the same result. I hope this might help others...

InsaneAl

PistalPete

I was wondering if any Win10 users have experienced the inability to safely disconnect any USB device

Never have any problems. I always open file explorer, click on the USB drive in the left screen, then in the top ribbon click on manage, then click eject. USB is safely removed every time. 

Cheers PistalPete,

apparently it strikes only some users (had to be me too - didn't it..??) and it's a known bug/problem with Win10 with no real definitive fix.. Anyway, I got mine fixed my own way but it just annoys me I still can't use USB SR.. Nice talking to you guys but I don't want to change this threads content,, guess I was just  hoping somebody could provide an answer so I could once again use USB SR which is a neat little app and I thank anyone for posting it even if I cannot yet use it..

Cheers all...

InsaneAl

hi InsaneAI, did you install Everything?If you did, try exclude it from options->indexes->uncheck Automatically include new fixed volumes.  It could be one of the reason. In my case (I'm on Windows 8.1), I had to exclude my external HDD to be indexed by Everything then I could easily eject it. Regards.

Cheers rach,, way back (this time last year and before) when I first discovered this problem, I already has USB SR installed, but at this time I never used any of my external HDD's, as I was still trying to get used to Win10. I used a few USB sticks, no problem but finally plugged in a USB HDD and found the problem. I tried everything, every setting in USB SR etc,, still no fix... It's Win 10 itself that causes it.. Every now and then I use the G**gle machine to see if anyone has fixed it but even though there have been many indivdual fixes, there hasn't been a 100% fix from the man (Mr MS) himself... Believe me, it's no big deal, and the best thing is, with just about any problem, I have found other fixes for other problems along the way, so I can live with this and be happy that I have managed to set up Win10 in a way I like - Smiles all round for me.. Thx... Got to run now - bye...

InsaneAl

Archived