How to Block ICMP Echo Reply Nisuta?

solitario

Hello,
I have the Nisuta 802.lln (nswir105ne, nswir150nf) router and would like to know if there is any way to block the echo reply. Many thanks in advance.
Greetings.

Model: NS-WIR150NF

P.D: this post was already published in other forums, sorry.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm not an expert in this, but incase you have not found your answer yet, I believe, looking at this image, that blocking ping requests from WAN means the same as you want there.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, solitario said:

I do not have those options

Check in other places, security settings, router settings, advanced settings, it has to be named differently I think.

There is no option. I also can not install another free firmware because they are not compatible

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, solitario said:

There is no option. I also can not install another free firmware because they are not compatible

Thing is, ADSL routers, which I believe your router is, are limited by many things, especially the ones mentioned here.

I have access to my cablemodem. But when I give you the wan blocking option it will uncheck itself in a few days.

straycat19
18 hours ago, solitario said:

Hello,
I have the Nisuta 802.lln (nswir105ne, nswir150nf) router and would like to know if there is any way to block the echo reply. Many thanks in advance.
Greetings.

Model: NS-WIR150NF

You can just block it on your computer using Windows Firewall.

Start –> Control Panel –> Windows Firewall ->  ‘Advanced‘ tab -> under the ‘ICMP‘ heading select 'settings' -> uncheck 'Allow incoming echo requests'

The router will allow the request through and the windows firewall will block it.

I don't have access to one of these routers, actually never heard of it before that I can recall, but I found a manual, and on page 143 it says there is a checkbox to "enable ping access on wan" so if it is unchecked it should block it.

Manual is here

https://www.nisuta.com/pdf/NSWIR150N.pdf

Archived