Stupid Windows 10, Start button is not working !

info999

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, info999 said:

Stupid Windows 10, Start button is not working ! Help !

What kind of help do you need? Ambulance, Police, Fire and Rescue help ....
Or new start button at all...

From an elevated Command Prompt, run the following command:—

SFC /ScanNow

If you find your cat stupid, he most likely inherited stupidity — no prizes for guessing, from whom (unless he was a stray cat — pun intended) tx38TOr.gif

3 hours ago, info999 said:

Stupid Windows 10, Start button is not working ! Help !

I love that phrase! Its the truth. Hope u get the $h*t 10 fixed soon.

22 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

SFC /ScanNow

If you find your cat stupid, he most likely inherited stupidity — no prizes for guessing, from whom (unless he was a stray cat — pun intended) tx38TOr.gif

my cat probably has higher IQ than you can ever hoped for :whistle:

19 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

SFC /ScanNow

Oh no, not again. This command is always useless, everytime when I used it did not help me nor even one time... Wl2LIwk.gif

Checking for integrity violations is like you want to climb the Himalaya in a polo shirt.... 1VjjZ4q.gif

2 hours ago, info999 said:
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

SFC /ScanNow

my cat probably has higher IQ than you can ever hoped for :whistle:

Not difficult to understand why your cat's IQ got you into a mess that forced you to plead for help here. UFbmK6T.gif

30 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Not difficult to understand why your cat's IQ got you into a mess that forced you to plead for help here. UFbmK6T.gif

you should probably talk to my cat's d*ck, because it has the same IQ as you are

16 minutes ago, rudrax said:

I am also having this same issue with added features like the Windows' native notification area are not responding. Below there is a guide. Try it. It may work for you if you got lucky.

http://www.askvg.com/fix-start-menu-and-taskbar-icons-not-working-in-windows-10/

Start menu is not working:

Solution 1: Open Start Menu and type powershell  ..... ????!!!

Solution 2: Open Settings from Start Menu ........... ????!!!!

How to open Start Menu when it is not working ??? 

14 minutes ago, info999 said:

The guide is here: https://mspoweruser.com/solution-start-menu-not-working-windows-10/

and

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10 - Read NOTE!

or

Try closing/Killing "Desktop Window Manager".

or

Try "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

or

If none of the solutions proposed in this article worked, you can try to suppress the child keys under this registry key:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplications

Have u tried restarting windows explorer from task manager?

3 minutes ago, info999 said:
39 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

you should probably talk to my cat's d*ck, because it has the same IQ as you are

What makes you believe that I'm not talking to your cat's d*ck — even right now I am. q5rE0gy.gif

4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

What makes you believe that I'm not talking to your cat's d*ck — even right now I am. q5rE0gy.gif

oh yeah ? are you enjoying talking to my cat's d*ck ? because that's all you can do, talk to a d*ck :D

14 minutes ago, info999 said:
26 minutes ago, rudrax said:

I am also having this same issue with added features like the Windows' native notification area are not responding. Below there is a guide. Try it. It may work for you if you got lucky.

http://www.askvg.com/fix-start-menu-and-taskbar-icons-not-working-in-windows-10/

If despite all the best of your efforts, your Start Menu still refuses to work — press F13 on your keyboard to invoke it. pYm6dhy.gif

straycat19

Stand by!  We have a drone circling overhead with a hellfire missle aimed at your worthless computer.  Stand Clear!

• Administrator

Please keep personal insults away from this guys. Infact, any personal insults are rather uncalled for and unacceptable. If this continues then we will be forced to take action.

@info999: I have faced a similar problem quite recently, not once but many times. I feel it is due to either messed up updates or something else. A lot of troubleshooting from official troubleshooting tools probably fixed it - but I'm too sure. The reason is, the easy way to temporarily fix this issue, for me atleast, was to restart the computer and it would fix itself until another restart messes it up again, so I'm not too sure if it's actually fixed yet. Either way, the things mentioned above are worth trying I think.

10 hours ago, dcs18 said:

If despite all the best of your efforts, your Start Menu still refuses to work — press F13 on your keyboard to invoke it. pYm6dhy.gif

Do remember to visit your brain surgeon, because your IQ is questionable

On 5/26/2017 at 3:17 PM, DKT27 said:

Please keep personal insults away from this guys. Infact, any personal insults are rather uncalled for and unacceptable. If this continues then we will be forced to take action.

From iNet:

[...]

So if a stray comes to your door
and meows 'Can I come in? '
just welcome him with loving arms
and he will never stray again.
    :love:

~ james Donovon

Archived