ESS Question.

Sonar

Ok I have ESS 4.+ installed but at times the firewall keeps poping up with some sort of error. "error loading firewall configuration" or something like that.

I'm slowy getting bored of Eset with errors. Would I better of ditching ESS and going with

EAV + Comodo Firewall?

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I have never had this sort of error so far. Maybe the ESET experts on the site can help you.

EAV + Comodo Firewall?

For me this it the best thing but using only ESET AV may not grantee that your problem will be solved if it didn't by reinstalling ESET.

I have never had this sort of error so far. Maybe the ESET experts on the site can help you.
EAV + Comodo Firewall?

For me this it the best thing but using only ESET AV may not grantee that your problem will be solved if it didn't by reinstalling ESET.

Ive tried a reinstall with out importing old settings back in (thinking it was something in the import) but still not got rid of it.

it's something to do with the firewall as the error says "firewall" i missed that in first post.

i'm gonna try the comodo + EAV setup I think.

• Administrator

Yes it is the best option available but I would still recommend you get the proper error posted here. Or if you cannot memorize the error, just press print screen button on the keyboard and copy paste the image to here.

Yes it is the best option available but I would still recommend you get the proper error posted here. Or if you cannot memorize the error, just press print screen button on the keyboard and copy paste the image to here.

to late ive changed.

but give or take a few words "failed to load firewall config" <<< that's basically it.

That actually should go away.. ( gone now ) the only time I have seen this error was after several install/uninstalls..When upgrading versions. After you open up the settings setup the program and reboot it is gone..

But I don't think it really matters now.. Anyway.........

That actually should go away.. ( gone now ) the only time I have seen this error was after several install/uninstalls..When upgrading versions. After you open up the settings setup the program and reboot it is gone..

But I don't think it really matters now.. Anyway.........

unsure if it bothers ESS but i changed anyway.

Don't worry you made the right choice. ESS firewall really sucks compared to other better software firewalls like comodo and online armour. ESET is good at antivirus, not firewalls so you did the best thing by changing to EAV + comodo.

Don't worry you made the right choice. ESS firewall really sucks compared to other better software firewalls like comodo and online armour. ESET is good at antivirus, not firewalls so you did the best thing by changing to EAV + comodo.

+1

+1

/2x3

EAV + COMODO is a great combination.

I remember this error, but I don't know what exactly was the cause of this, were you using the latest box, mara-fix or some older fix?

• Administrator

Hey don't forget, I was the first one to tell him - 'EAV + Comodo firewall ?' - "it is the best option available." :P

+1

/2x3

EAV + COMODO is a great combination.

I remember this error, but I don't know what exactly was the cause of this, were you using the latest box, mara-fix or some older fix?

I got the error with box mara 1.2 and 1.3, is this down to a fix? or maybe the fix?

I have EAV + Comodo and haven seen the error yet, but ill soon come back here i fi do grab the error again. currently using box mara 1.3 so well see if if the error pops up.

• Administrator

Well it seems that error will never come. Good Luck with comodo. :thumbsup:

When I was cracking ESS, I got the same error but only when I disabled the network adapter before Windows starts.

Archived