MoboSpeaker

Toshiro

Ok guys.. just to make sure..

I got a speaker.. kinda old but hell with it :')

Its a 4 pin thingie (female plugiething :P)

I got the asus p5kpl/1600... Do I have to plug it in the circled area in the picture below?

ipwkky.jpg

ty :)

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I highly doubt that's the place for it. Most likely its the white port straight down in that same line the pic. Next to what appears to be a greed led. The speaker only uses 2 pins, they just spaced it out for some reason. The manual for the board will tell you exactly where it should go.

hmm now you mention it.. I see the 2 pins u mean.. Lemme search for the manual..

EDIT:

U were right :)

2zexp90.jpg

• Administrator

Yup your right that is the place for mobo speaker. Have you ever attached pins there? It was a bit tricky for me when I did it. At the age of about 12 I accidentally removed all the pins there. Opened the mobo manual and done it in no time. Make sure you handle with care as I you remove other wires from there the way I did you PC wont start. The main power button wont work.

Yup your right that is the place for mobo speaker. Have you ever attached pins there? It was a bit tricky for me when I did it. At the age of about 12 I accidentally removed all the pins there. Opened the mobo manual and done it in no time. Make sure you handle with care as I you remove other wires from there the way I did you PC wont start. The main power button wont work.

I know, but thnx for the tip :)

• Administrator

NP. I open my mobo every month to clean dust. Sometimes it gets dusty so fast, you wont even know. Fan my go too noisy, temp will go high. So how often you do it?

Speaker is working :)

Uhm, I do it once every 2 months?

Got 5/6 fans + Dustfilters... so dust wont come it that easily.. :lol:

• Administrator

Good. ;) .

I have just one fan and a PSU fan. So not really a big matter but I also open the PSU, it is out of warranty, remove my normal heatsink fan and also remove and see my processor. I'm sort of mad as there is no need to remove my processor but I like to do it. :hehe: . Interestingly I have never damaged my PC by hardware terms.

Good. ;) .

I have just one fan and a PSU fan. So not really a big matter but I also open the PSU, it is out of warranty, remove my normal heatsink fan and also remove and see my processor. I'm sort of mad as there is no need to remove my processor but I like to do it. :hehe: . Interestingly I have never damaged my PC by hardware terms.

You know everytime you remove the heatsink from the cpu you have to reapply the thermal paste right? :hehe: When it isn't spread correctly it causes overheating. I recommend Arctic Silver thermal paste but you don't need to remove the heatsink often else you have to clean and apply the paste again.

I had my fan spaz on my a while back on my laptop.. the first thing I did a while back was remove a solid cover that the company put over the area where the fan brings in air.. It was supposed to have a round hole segmented three ways.. open but the company put a piece of black plastic over it, and covered it in heat shielding..My guess there was that they were trying to get the fan to pull air through a 1/4" by 1" spot that was filled with tiny holes like the end of a pin..raking the air from the middle of the laptop over to the fan..BUT the fan sits in a box..like solid the only place it had to pull air was against the case and what small spaces it could around it..So I did that like a year or two ago.. now it can bring air in to the fan from outside the laptop...exactly as it should..and spits the air back out through the heat sink/radiator.. after doing all this .. It lowered my average temp about 10 degrees C...from 50 something to low 40's..I cleaned my laptop regular, with an Air Duster, never touching anything .. maybe ever now and then brushing at it..

One day my fan starts sounding like it dying.. spin.. and then it sounded like my bearings were spun out..spin for a while and then again..spun out...it didn't overheat BUT it was just annoying and I knew something was gong to happen.. found out the heatsink ..( the supposedly one-piece I was going to have to replace ) was going to cost $300 + shipping.. The fan you couldn't get separately..So I took my fan apart...I removed 4 tiny screws..the fan mounted on a flat plate, disconnected it..Then I pulled on the fan and removed the blades, which I found out was one of two moving part..Then inside of the center of the fan was THICK with dust..I used a Q-tip to remove all of the dust, and proceeded to Q-tip/wiped/swabbbed the entire mobo and case..anything I could take apart..Looked brand new..Then came back with everything apart and air dusted every part.. I took the tiny little motor and stuck the air duster tip in the center ( which is second moving part I think ) and heavily dusted over and over..I put it back together and the thing hasn't made a sound since...less noise than when I bought it..

I then did my PS2, my External Drives...and usually do normal cleaning on everything...but this was a savior..! :thumbsup:

• Administrator
Good. ;) .

You know everytime you remove the heatsink from the cpu you have to reapply the thermal paste right? :hehe: When it isn't spread correctly it causes overheating. I recommend Arctic Silver thermal paste but you don't need to remove the heatsink often else you have to clean and apply the paste again.

Yes I know it. Had a over heatin problem when I wasn't knowin the meanin of thermal paste and removed it. I thought what the sh*t is this in my PC. Thought that my processor couldn't control and started doin like a child :blink: .

You are sayin about Arctic Silver. Mumbai is a so PC usin city and you cannot even find a single thermal paste. Called my engineer and told him to apply it for me as he had my PC for repairin my all of a sudden automatically damaged internal GPU. After that incident, no, I don't open my processor nor I fully remove my heatsink fan but instead I remove the top of the fan(the movin part) and clean it. :)

Archived