Solved-Upload Excel CSV to IPhone 5s

vitorio

I have an Excel file, saved as CSV, with two columns, all data (no name columns) with around 320 rows (name and phone #).

I tried to upload them using ITunes (from Excel CSV in my PC to Yahoo contacts) but it failed (I followed the instructions found in Google to do it).

My question, is there is a software that let me directly connect the Excel CSV (in my Windows 7 PC) to my IPhone 5s and transfer or copy or add the file to my Yahoo contacts file?

It is going to be a merge since I already have contacts in my Yahoo contacts file.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by vitorio

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vitorio

• dcs18

Top Posters In This Topic

Solved it. Apparently Yahoo have problems loaded CSV file.

What I did was:

1-create a new Google Mail account

2-used Google mail to import the CSV.

3-from Yahoo mail ( first export Yahoo contact list to identify contacts column names) import the contacts from Gmail account.

I little longer but really easy to do when the end result is the same.

I think Yahoo is not really interest in review and fixed their mail application.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up — it's not directly related to your issue but nevertheless bears an indirect connection.

There are some apps. which delete the entire contacts database without warning — a couple of examples are Truecaller and a few derivatives of WhatsApp.

For my contacts backup I use SA Contacts the most reliable (and trusted) standalone app. on Google Play — the drawback of this app. is that it was coded for quite an older flavor of Android and therefore automatic backups on schedule will fail (due to a higher effectiveness of Doze on modern ROMs.)

You may want to give SA Contacts a try as it uses the .csv file format for its backup and restore. ;)