Greasemonkey

MinimizeToTray Plus

NoScript

Proxilla

Redirect Remover

Stop Autoplay

URL Tooltip

• 1 month later...

New Collection for Fx4 - Still a work in progress.. especially with getting them updated for the new version.

EDIT: All collections have been deleted at this point due to some severe issues with the system at Mozilla and the extensions itself...

• 3 months later...

Updated list of Extensions and replacements I have done which seems to be working well with 4, 7 and 9.. Notations .. List. and as a note all of the Collections I have posted in the past have ll been deleted due to several issues as noted above..

1. Adblock Plus (v1.3.9) — Ads were yesterday!

2. Anonymizer Nevercookie (v0.1) — Browse the web with enhanced privacy protection.

3. Barlesque (v1.15) — Reclaims the browsing space by transforming Firefox 4's wide grey add-on bar into a neat set of buttons.

4. Base64 ⇒ Encoder (v1.3.5) — Converts image files into base64 data.

5. BetterPrivacy (v1.67) — "Super-Cookie Safeguard"

6. CheckPlaces (v2.6.0) — Checks bookmarks are valid

7. Console² (v0.8) — The next generation error console.

8. DownThemAll! AntiContainer (v1.1) — Make the resources behind container pages easily downloadable. Not for 9

9. DownThemAll! (v2.0.7) — The mass downloader for Firefox.

10. Ez Sidebar (v3.2.2009110201) — Allows to take web pages into sidebar panels, and provides undockable Sidebar.

11. FEBE (v7.0.1) — Backup your Firefox data

12. Fasterfox Lite (v3.9.1Lite) — Performance and network tweaks for Firefox, without the Enhanced Prefetching.

13. FireFTP (v1.99.5) — FTP client for Mozilla Firefox.

14. Greasemonkey (v0.9.8) — A User Script Manager for Firefox

15. ImageTweak (v0.23) — Enhances the vision of images and videos

16. Leet Key (v1.4.3) — Transforms typed or static text to L337, ROT13, BASE64, HEX, URL, BIN, Morse Code, DVORAK, Upper Case, Lower Case, DES.

17. Linkification (v1.3.9) — Converts text links into genuine, clickable links.

18. Menu Editor (v1.2.7) — Customize application menus

19. Mobile Barcoder (v0.2.1) — Mobile Barcoder generates 2D barcodes of URLs and text selections so that you can transfer that information to your mobile easily.

20. Mozilla Labs: Prospector - Instant Preview (v4) — Start loading pages as you select them from the location bar suggestions - Stopped working 7 and 9..

21. Mozilla Labs: Prospector - LessChrome HD (v7) — Show less chrome by default unless it's needed

22. Nightly Tester Tools (v3.1.5.1) — Useful tools for the nightly tester.For enabaling Extensions..

23. OPIE (v3.0) — Import/Export extension preferences

24. Pretty Install (v1.0) — Use a doorhanger notification for add-on installation

25. QR Decoder (v1.0) — Decode QR codes you see on websites with two clicks.

26. Status-4-Evar (v2011.07.20.21) — Status widgets and progress indicators for Firefox 4+

27. Stratiform (v1.2.1) — Your Customization Pal Who's Fun To Be With

28. Stylish (v1.2.1) — Restyle the web with Stylish, a user styles manager.

29. Tab Mix Plus (v0.3.8.6) — Tab browsing with an added boost.

30. Tabs Always In Titlebar (v1.0.1) — Always place tabs in the titlebar.

31. Torbutton (v1.4.2) — Torbutton provides a button to easily enable or disable pointing Firefox to the Tor proxy

32. TrayHotKey (v0.3.4.9) — 为Fx5.0 及以上版本提供系统热键(老板键)功能

33. Turn Off the Lights (v2.0.0.7) — The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the video as if you were in the cinema.

34. United States English Spellchecker (v5.0.1) — English United States (en-US) Spellchecker

35. View Source Chart (v3.05) — Source Chart DOM Inspector

36. Web Developer (v1.1.9) — Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.

37. sneakPeek (v0.2) — Quickly preview web pages before opening them

ALSO:

Plugins: All Current

1. Java 6Update 27

2. Adobe Flash

3. Silverlight

4. Microsoft Windows Media Player

Screenshot with three tabs open.. : 8)

how to make Blackout Addon compatible with Firefox 6? I have read a workaround by unzipping and modifying the xpi but I couldn't get it to work. Please.

Well this is the thing with Blackout.. I absolutely loved it because it was the ONLY extensions that did the job well. Stylish Scripts were too much or failed and didn't do a good job of it at all...even Greasemonkey failed.. I lost it with version 3..

The thing with it is that the code was written to interact with the old toolbar.. and other areas.. so simply editing the compatibility numbers in the file will not make it work.. It will say its compatible.. but it still will not work correctly.. I had some major headaches with this as well especially trying to make it work with minimal appearance.. If I removed one of the elements from the Nav area it would drag it and the nav bar/search together.. and cause issues with proper UI Accessibility.. So really it needs to be written and overhauled to work with the new generation of Fx.. it is one thing I had to lose. The closest option I found was 'Turn Out The Lights!' extension for videos.. I have not found a proper solution at this point however..

Adblock Plus (v1.3.9) — Ads were yesterday!

Add-on Collector (v2.0.2) — Share and discover add-ons.

AddonFox (v1.1.9) — Automatically install the best Firefox addons!

ChatZilla (v0.9.87) — A clean, easy to use and highly extensible Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client.

DownThemAll! (v2.0.7) — The mass downloader for Firefox.

FEBE (v7.0.1) — Backup your Firefox data

FoxTab (v1.4.4) — 3D tab management - your top sites, tab flipping and recently closed tabs.

NoScript (v2.1.2.6) — Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java (and other plugins) only for trusted domains of your choice

Open Profile Folder (v1.3.3) — Open current profile folder from "Tools" menu or toolbar button.

Personas (v1.6.2) — Your Firefox, your style. Easy-to-change themes.

Stylish (v1.2.1) — Restyle the web with Stylish, a user styles manager.

Tab Mix Plus (v0.3.8.6) — Tab browsing with an added boost.

Temp Installer (v1.3) — Autoconfiguration of addons to make them less intrusive

WOT (v20110704) — Web of trust.

Okay just wanted t pas on some info about a GreaseMonkey Replacement... I am trying it on the 7 Beta installation but this extensions is to be much better than GraseMonkey and is to become its replacement.. Uses the same scripts and has some better options for security.. and many other improvements.

Scriptish 0.1.4 - Will be testing it on 4, 7, and 9...

EDIT: LOVE IT.. :thumbsup: Must have IMO...

• 2 weeks later...
SacredCultivator

I'm just curious... In regard to memory use/ slowness...

Would it be better to have an Add-on of something, for example "Better Facebook" or would it be better to use the Script version of it for Greasemonkey?

Just thought to ask.

Well, IMO.. I would assume first off that using Scriptish would be a good replacement for GreaseMonkey... ( see above :thumbsup: ) and using a Script for it... It may actually be virtually the same.. but with Scriptish you have control over what areas your script effects and/or interacts with.. so there is no real guessing.. Also the script is only used or should only be used when needed.. an extension may need to be loaded up on Browser Start and actually effect memory and possibly other areas without any restrictions and/or effect your browser in ways that could be undesirable.. PLUS .. you may eventually have to update it with the fast paced release schedule for FF.. a Script will not need to change unless the site changes... or like not at all..SO this is how I would address it..

I have done the same thing with an extensions I used to use which would show a lightbox for images that linked to full size or originals.. I removed the extension and got rid of it.. and started using the Script version.. I also was able to consolidate three other extensions and possibly more in the future .. using Stylish as well through this method.. it simply seemed more efficient and a better choice.. :dunno:

EDIT: Almost forgot to add the extension Greasefire which allows you to view scripts available for the site and usage type you have.. kind of cool.. Uses the Scriptish icon to show the number and if any are available.. nice if you are looking to load up a few and look around..

SacredCultivator

Thanks for the recommendations,s hall test out Scriptish since you said it uses the same scripts.

And shall get rid of the Extension version.

Switched, and definitely more options for Scriptish, though I honestly don't know what to enable/disable, left all at default.

Auh, Why do you use so many add-ons guys? :mellow:

Here is mine:

1. AdBlock Plus

2. BetterPrivacy

3. Flagfox

4. FlashGot

5. Ghostery

I use Firefox 7 Latest Beta and happy with it. ^_^

SacredCultivator

Realized I never included mine:

1. Adblock Plus 1.3.10a.3128

2. FEBE 7.0.3

3. IDM CC 7.3.3

4. Menu Mod 2.2

5. Scriptish 0.1.5

6. SkipScreen 0.6.2.a

7. Tab Mix Plus 0.3.8.7pre.110917a

Auh, Why do you use so many add-ons guys? :mellow:

Well this sort of come from using the browser since version 1 or 2.. I think I started using it from the last of version 1 or the beginning of 2.. Over that time period you begin to realize what you want out of your program.. in the way of how it operates and looks.. what it does.. You also .. have the experience to find working extensions which do not necessarily slow down a system and work correctly.. :P ..So yeah that might be part of the reason... It has been worse and better.. on that note... :think: in different areas.. LOL.. I probably could work on minimizing but its addictive I think.. to have it a certain way.. finding better ways to get that done is good however..

Using 4, 7 and 9 but 7 mostly...

Thanks for the recommendations,s hall test out Scriptish since you said it uses the same scripts.

And shall get rid of the Extension version.

Switched, and definitely more options for Scriptish, though I honestly don't know what to enable/disable, left all at default.

Good to see a list finally :thumbsup: .. and if I remember correctly the defaults are what I have it on as well .. maybe minus one or two.. The main thing I have went for is unhooking the ability for these scripts to interact with the browser or system itself.. and keep it for what we all assume it to be for.. I use Encrypted connection for updates...Use built-in certs.. and none of the additional protocols... FTP and HTTP enabled.. seems a little lighter.. and you have the ability to turn items off which would otherwise remain open.. Prevention

Well this sort of come from using the browser since version 1 or 2.. I think I started using it from the last of version 1 or the beginning of 2.. Over that time period you begin to realize what you want out of your program.. in the way of how it operates and looks.. what it does.. You also .. have the experience to find working extensions which do not necessarily slow down a system and work correctly.. :P ..So yeah that might be part of the reason... It has been worse and better.. on that note... :think: in different areas.. LOL..

Using 4, 7 and 9 but 7 mostly...

Yea, I myself use Firefox from many years ago and in this very long time period, I have tried almost all featured and popular add-ons but I myself prefer 'simple' and I know you don't use most of the add-ons you have installed, maybe once a month maximum. :D

But anyway, installing too many add-ons (like too many useless windows application), usually slow down the program and it's performance and most important it will mess up your Firefox, too many add-ons, too many notifications and blah blah blah...

In general, I always choose the very bests of, I install only the things I need and my Firefox performance is like it's first day. ;)

Thanks,

Nima

Yeah.. me too.. :D See how many people can run that much and still be CRISP... :think: 4-5 of them I could get rid of permanently.. just looking at.. like the Decoder of QR Codes.. useful.. since I do not have a smart phone and good for testing the creation of these codes for websites.. but not really have to haves... I should do a new list .. been some changes too..

Popular extensions really may not be the best choice... nor featured.. those are always crap to me.. I have to dig always to find my specifics.. but I think some.. some people could use..in some ways it would change how they use their browser I think..

• Administrator
  • 4 months later...
SacredCultivator
Hehe not too sure if there might be an add-on that cleans up your "about:config" in regard to removing entries that don't exist anymore? Not sure if that's possible, but thought to question it.

• 1 month later...

..Usually for me it is about getting all settings per extension, ( Like with FEBE and OPIE ), possibly grabbing the db files as well.. ( for some ).. then.. wiping all files and profiles and starting with a fresh installation. Then add in only what you need now... and set it all up.. The only way I know to start without questioning it... While some may be obsolete they also may no longer be optimal... Most don't worry though... Plus we don't have time anymore.. :P Between releases... and three to four installations...

• 2 months later...

Hehe not too sure if there might be an add-on that cleans up your "about:config" in regard to removing entries that don't exist anymore?

You could edit 'prefs.js' with Notepad.

Save as 'prefs.js' or 'User.js'.

Make a copy of 'prefs.js', located in your Firefox profile folder. If you mess something up, you can always copy this file back in.

Shut down Firefox before making a copy of 'prefs.js' or moving a copy back into the profile folder.

In XP, the profile folder is \Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default\

In Vista and 7, this folder is \Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\.default\

DKT27 Edit: Thread closed. Newer thread here.

Archived