JvPowerTools vs. Other Programs

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

I'm a newcomer to Jv16 PowerTools, so I have a few questions and I know everyone has their own preference, so I thought to get some opinions.

I just realized how powerful of a tool it is and YourUninstaller / CCleaner missed a lot of things that PowerTools detected... And in the Uninstall Programs feature, there are stuff I never even knew I had, or did but are still displayed (Mainly jsut registry entries)

My question is... Would PowerTools be a wise choice to stick to and ditch YU/CCleaner?

Also for PT's Registry Scanner, it probably isn't wise for a novice user like me to set to Aggressive huh? As currently I have it set at just Normal.

Well just thought I'd get some opinions, thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not recommend using the 'Aggressive' setting, it might screw up your system pretty bad.

I never really liked Jv16 PowerTools but what I do really like is Advanced System Care, Comodo Registry Cleaner and CCleaner, these are the best for me.

I liked jv16 a lot when I used it. The thing is, it always froze up when I tried to uninstall things. So I ditched that & decided to go with YU. If I could get jv16 to work I'd stick with that though ;)

As far as registry goes, I'll agree with shought & say ASC. I haven't tried Comodo's registry cleaner or RCE (Biz's post) so no comment on those.

People say the best one is Advanced System Optimizer. I haven't touched that one in a while so my suggestion could be off. It was pretty decent when I used it though.

Still is pretty decent, I just installed ASC(Advanced System Care), CSC(COMODO System Cleaner) and CCleaner on my Windows 7(x64) system and they all ran fine. I think I'll stick with this combination for some time(I do like TuneUp Utilities as well, they've got the best options to customize your Windows but they don't fully support Windows 7 yet, I think, I already applied some tweaks using the registry though :)).

• 1 month later...

jv16 is too slow for me. I've always used CCleaner before trying out jv16 on a friend's recommendation. The difference in scan time is enormous.

Also, CCleaner seemed to do the job just fine, although jv16 would pick up a few extra registry entries that CCleaner missed.

Its pretty subjective IMO... I couldn't find a site that compared each software side by side (can anyone please post the link up if you do?).

jv16 is too slow for me. I've always used CCleaner before trying out jv16 on a friend's recommendation. The difference in scan time is enormous.

Also, CCleaner seemed to do the job just fine, although jv16 would pick up a few extra registry entries that CCleaner missed.

Its pretty subjective IMO... I couldn't find a site that compared each software side by side (can anyone please post the link up if you do?).

toptenreviews.com

• Administrator

TopTen "reviews" is an awful site that should be removed from the internet.

If you notice all the links they are "affiliate" style ones. The company paying the highest % is the one that is ranked "number 1".

• Administrator

+1. Your Uninstaller also shows some false positives when scanning for files and registry entries. Revo doesn't. Revo is great and free. :)

I think Revo Showed me some false positive when I uninstalled Adobe Media Player. Good thing I caught it since it had all the registry entries of MPC, WMP, and Winamp.

• Administrator

I'm usin Revo from years. I have uninstalled and reinstall Adobe Media Player, Adode Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player many times in Revo's advance uninstall mode and I have never found a single false positive in it.

TopTen "reviews" is an awful site that should be removed from the internet.

If you notice all the links they are "affiliate" style ones. The company paying the highest % is the one that is ranked "number 1".

i use to believe them..but know not...thanks for telling :)

I've used all 3 and in my experience TotalUninstaller is the better of the bunch.

+1 on Total Uninstaller because it also shows the files/registry changes made by a proggy during installation.

But what about cleaner?

I don't use uninstaller but for registry cleaner, I have used these and found they are quite good and cause no problem to computers that I used

winaso registry cleaner

jv16 powertool - aggressive cleaning will cause laptop bluetooth stop working, driver reinstall needed but has no effect on desktop pc.

regopt - rebuild registry hive, cause same problem on laptop but fine on desktop

quad registry cleaner, tested only on desktop

I am not sure how significant it improves performance, oh well, just do it occasionally ;)

i tried SRS audio enhancer , but it was not compatible with my sound card .

so i just uninstalled it using revo uninstaller in moderate mode ( not aggressive ..)

but after this the next day , i tried to adjust the inbuilt SRS settings in my audio card ( IDT audio card ), but alas , they did not work !

i tried changing every parameter , but no , nothing worked !

so is it possible , that revo could have deleted some registry keys pertaining to the inbulit SRS settings of my sound card alongwith deleting the SRS audio enhancer software registries ?

:(

I would not recommend using the 'Aggressive' setting, it might screw up your system pretty bad.

I never really liked Jv16 PowerTools but what I do really like is Advanced System Care, Comodo Registry Cleaner and CCleaner, these are the best for me.

What a coincidence... I always use Aggressive setting. :P

jv16PT has some bugs always, sometimes the GUI never shows up when you click search and you have to do it all over again. It has always been a little buggy in my experience but I have been using it for a number of years on Aggressive mode without any problems.

Comodo System Cleaner on the other hand WILL destroy your pc if used wrong; not to be confused with Comodo Registry Cleaner which I still use even though it is old. In addition to jv16PT and CRC, I also use Auslogics BoostSpeed for their disk cleaner and registry cleaner. It is simple to use and gets the job done.

To be honest the performance improvement of registry cleaning is not very significant but every little bit helps I guess.

so is it possible , that revo could have deleted some registry keys pertaining to the inbulit SRS settings of my sound card along with deleting the SRS audio enhancer software registries ?

I'd recommend reinstalling the software that came with your sound card if any, if no then go to the manufacturers website and download the driver/control panel from there ;)

@Leet

I used it a couple of times, never quite liked the interface and the first time I used it it screwed up quite some things. (Probably because I'm more of a 'set and go' person(didn't check any of the settings, just pressed go :P))

so is it possible , that revo could have deleted some registry keys pertaining to the inbulit SRS settings of my sound card along with deleting the SRS audio enhancer software registries ?

I'd recommend reinstalling the software that came with your sound card if any, if no then go to the manufacturers website and download the driver/control panel from there ;)

yup shought ,

i did that .

i downloaded the audio driver from hp website but nope , no success , SRS was gone .

when contacted the customer care , this is what they said ...." sir , the SRS was a goodie that came bundled with the audio driver when u bought the laptop. i am afraid it is not available for update or download at this time ! "

inquisitiveness screwed my sound card :o

the card works fine , but the original SRS is gone !

wonder why i tried this SRS enhancer :angry:

revo is good , never troubled , but it did messed up this time .

got to be real careful before using such utilities ...

n i tried jv16 after readin this thread .

naa... dnt like it .

it s boring.

i it froze 3 times when clicked on,, run a quick scan , 4rth time running a scan.

n it has so much in it ,

i fear , one wrong setting n u will be in trouble ..

i second shought ,

been using advanced system care n tune up utilities for some time ,

its kept me happy till now ..

Archived