ESET v4 did not update..?

HX1

Hey just had something odd happen with ESS.. I went to check it because I had a temporary lock up in the browser for a second or two like it was scanning or applying and update, ( while I was taxing CPU Resources ).. and when I did, I had a red exclamation mark on the Update section..

When I opened it .. it stated that there was a general compiler error...

Anyone know what this means or what may have caused it..

The only things I had done was install the latest Media Coder installation, and I also re-installed the latest DivX Package..

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey heath u mentiond once u use the old mara fix,could that have caused the problem,cause u got the error on the update section.If u have upgraded to the new box-mara fix, then probably its something else.

Well no its not the fix.. The fix changes nothing, except for an entry on startup..one of the reasons I chose it...but yeah I will look into the new version. I am currently using the Mara 1.5..so before Box..and elsewhere..

The program is fine..I manually updated it and every hour after when it updates it has been fine..I was just curious as rather anyone had a detailed explanation on what would cause the issue and if the compiling error was on my side or the update server side....IF I was to go to ESET, I would get a similar response as post #2 with no explanation.. so that is why I posted in here..out of curiosity..

EDIT2: Oh yeah and I have been running True Transparency with TTbrr skin.. seen a few program incompatibilities.. so I was curios anyways..

• Administrator

Did you used a function called search on this site? Use it now. There's maybe a thread made on it.

As a 'forum' veteran instead of being a virgin, I would be a 'MADAM'...If I missed that I am going to be embarrassed...

Well no its not the fix.. The fix changes nothing, except for an entry on startup..one of the reasons I chose it...but yeah I will look into the new version. I am currently using the Mara 1.5..so before Box..and elsewhere..

The program is fine..I manually updated it and every hour after when it updates it has been fine..I was just curious as rather anyone had a detailed explanation on what would cause the issue and if the compiling error was on my side or the update server side....IF I was to go to ESET, I would get a similar response as post #2 with no explanation.. so that is why I posted in here..out of curiosity..

EDIT2: Oh yeah and I have been running True Transparency with TTbrr skin.. seen a few program incompatibilities.. so I was curios anyways..

It's a problem on your end caused by ESET(does that make any sense, yeah, it pretty much does :)). I believe it's an error with faulty definitions and/or partially downloaded definitions that gets fixed as soon as ESET either releases new definitions or updates again to provide you with the full definition files. (I'm just guessing here though)

Searched a little and found this: Update Error. Pretty much explains what might be the cause and how it should be solved.

Did you used a function called search on this site? Use it now. There's maybe a thread made on it.

I believe I did briefly explain how to solve this issue in the past(when the ESET update servers were a bit overloaded) but I'm unsure if I mentioned anything as to what could've caused it :)

• Administrator

I you say that we are allowed to talk on this topic, will will post some not really important info :) .

I also had this problem but it can get solved by manually updating. Or schedule update can also solve it. But when I had this error before a month, when it was not solved by itself, it was solved only by reinstalling ESET and re fixin the mara- fix.

Well what I did with my mara fix, the only time it runs is when I restart and boot up the system.. it doesn't do anything on each update.. I took it out of the scheduler.. so as long as I reboot once in 31 days I will be fine..LOL..

But uhm yeah... I was putting my system under quite a bit of strain when it happened, my Samurize Config was clocked over ...even DPC's queued p/sec..bandwidth.. all except memory..Probably had something to do with it ... in the middle of all that it tried to update..

Makes since though..

• Administrator

Don't mind but is interesting. :think: . That it is first time I have heard about strain to the PC seem to be a problem. It may have some impact but I also had same problem earlier today and was solved but manually.......

@heath28m

You should switch to box, mara- fix. This will keep trial on 31 forever, no reboot needed. Also, mara- fix has security problem. It delays Self-Defense startup.

Cheers ;)

Yeah, I strongly recommend you upload to box, mara-fix 1.3 as well ;)

• Administrator

@Shought: Typein mistake. Upload instead of update? ;)

ANW I think heath28m must be knowin about differences between Box mara- and just mara- fix.

Archived